iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This may work for you if you're close to a wood mill.....

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 31, 2012, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Family Farm

At least both you and the trucker were able to part ways on friendly terms so that maybe in the future he has a load that you might want and calls you like he called the circular mill. Another idea (don't know if this works in your area) but finding out who loads the out-of-spec logs at Botwater and buying them a case a beer a month might ensure you get the logs you asked for...always worked with our garbage guys, mailman, and UPS guy.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Jeff

Well, if nothing else, it makes for a pretty interesting picture. ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 01, 2012, 03:44:17 PM
Well, if nothing else, it makes for a pretty interesting picture. ;) :)

It was a pretty day....no doubt.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tjhammer

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 01, 2012, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: tjhammer on November 01, 2012, 11:12:43 AM
I live just out of smelling range of bowarter wonder if its the same here I think a call would be in order
tj

Are you near the Calhoun Mill?
[/quote

etowah(goodsprings)
hammer

Raider Bill

My place is off 39 just South of Englewood. I've been by the Calhoun mill, never seen one before, big place.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

As the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true,....."
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bill m

I can't believe they really took the time to send them through the debarker :-\
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

SPIKER

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

WDH

Holy Moly!  I saw a couple of really really ugly logs. 

(There is no instant pudding).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Imagine the fuel it took to get that stuff out of the woods and to your place. I can't believe the stubs that was left on the so called logs?,for no better word. Some of that stuff should of been left in the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

QuoteSome of that stuff should of been left in the woods

That was my thought too...

What self respecting logger would haul in something that that anyway? A load like that should have just been hauled off for firewood.  :-\

That's not to say I haven't sawn logs equally ugly, but I sure haven't paid for them  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

barbender

I'm sorry for the misfortune, David. But I looked at that first picture and I busted out laughing, not cause it wasn't what you expected, but them things was so ugly it just stripped my gears. And I can relate to the times I have waited excitedly for something and it wasn't that it wasn't quite what I was looking for, it wasn't even close. Kinda like the expression "madder than Janet Reno's blind date"  :D
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm just glad I didn't say...."Well, why you're at it.....just bring me 2 loads."   :D

gunman63

other than that real ugly one on top,  wouldnt most of them straight out  cutting 8's or 10's out of them,

Magicman

Sure, I have "straightened" some out and got 1 or 2 boards, and the grain ran out and then back in.  A very poor choice for framing lumber.   :-\

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Your right Magic.....you saw what I saw and this load was not even worth a flip of a coin.

However....on the bright side, the driver (Chad) called me this afternoon and gave me 3 contact numbers of loggers to call when I need logs. Specific dia. logs and bucked to my length. I happy again.

This just goes to show you when 1 door closes, it may open 2 or 3 more.  smiley_thumbsup

paul case

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 01, 2012, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: barbender on November 01, 2012, 09:58:11 AM
I hear David changes his avatar photo more often than his undies :D

If I want clean undies, all I do is turn them inside out. I only have 1 color I wear and that is brown.  ;D

TMI

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

I've been waiting for him to change it to something that he would probably truly regrets changing it to for very long, then remove his ability to change it back. :)

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Nomad

Quote from: Jeff on November 03, 2012, 04:00:49 PM

I've been waiting for him to change it to something that he would probably truly regrets changing it to for very long, then remove his ability to change it back. :)

I like it!!! popcorn_smiley
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm just one of those guys that hates looking at the same 'Ol avatar all the DanG time, that's just me and I can't help it.........I do like changing it with the seasons or holidays or when special days come around.

Shoot, I rotate my tires every 10,000 miles.  :D

Jeff

So, you spend a lot of time reading your own posts do you?  ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 03, 2012, 07:21:46 PM
So, you spend a lot of time reading your own posts do you?  ;)

I have to....I make so many mestakes tieping, I half to go back and pruff read and ficks my eras.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!