iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the things we do to get in the woods

Started by Quebecnewf, March 17, 2007, 08:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxedo_2000

I must say, this island is a jewel of the world. I visited Quebecnewf last summer. I was astonished by the beauty of the place, and by the pleasant peoples I met, (including Quebecnewf ;) )
[img width=450 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/img207/2264/15dsc0122qe5.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/img207/3484/16p1040336wu7.jpg[/img]
[img width=450 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/img207/1411/17dsc0035yy2.jpg[/img]
Toxedo
Why walk when you can fly

Tom

SwampDonkey

Tom, they don't want many trees over shadowing them. They need the full sun to warm the place. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

toxedo_2000

On the island there is no tree to cut. Our friend has to go on the continent. The reason of the ice bridge.
Tox
Toxedo

SwampDonkey

We were just joking Tox. So, when are you going to go up to the camp again were you have the  water generator? ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

toxedo_2000

I was suppose to go last week-end, but miss meteo was not on our side. I'll try wenesday. But I'not sure. Next wee-end maybe.
Tox
Toxedo

Quebecnewf

Thanks for the extra pics  Tox .I have a few more winter pics I will post on this thread if my daughter ever gives me back my dig camera.

Quebecnewf

sbishop

i'd say that is quite remote! what do you have for Internet access up there QNewf?

Sbishop

SwampDonkey

He's probably got broad band, and all I've got is dial-up. ;D :D

Quebecnewf

We have high speed internet here at our business . Most of the village is on dial up . We (my brother and I ) installed a sat dish to have this service. We have wireless set up for our business LAN network and for ourselves. Our homes are close enough together  and to the business that it works fine . The wireless router is at my brothers house which is in the center so to speak. Now that we have high speed I would not want to go back to dialup.
Major snowstorm here last night. Cleared this morning still high winds and -16C. My snowmobile is just the windsheild sticking out so must go get out the shovel. My brother is running the snowblower clearing in front of the store. To make matters worse we have our weekly shipment of fresh fruit and veg coming in to Chevery by plane this morning so that means a trip to Chevery 10 mile each way to haul down loads of product that wants to freeze as soon as it sees the outside. Trail will be bad due to the high winds.
Flordia is looking better and better every minute.
Oh well
Quebecnewf

sawguy21

Living there certainly makes for some challenges but you are obviously up to them. I am really enjoying this thread and your pictures.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Quebecnewf

Here is pic of my cousins ultralight he built.

He gave me a ride in it the other day great  thrill hope to go again soon

beenthere

Qbnewf
Does that have a wood laminated prop?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Quebecnewf

Yes it does . You can't see it in the pic as he was running in the engine for the first time. It is powered by a 503 Rotax engine

Quebecnewf

beenthere

I don't want to be an alarmist, but 10 years ago there were some failures of laminated wood props pushing behind like that, due to the heat from the engine affecting the glue line. I was with a glue expert at the Oshkosh Air Show that year, and he was sniffing wood props on the pushers. Several had a characteristic smell of the glue that was heated.
Just a thought, that ya might give it a check. Maybe in 10 years, that problem has been corrected either with different glue formula or different design of the hot air flow outta the engine.

We teased the guy a lot when he was sniffing props. Told him not to lift his leg when sniffing dat way.  ;D

By the way, that plane looks neat and a lot of fun.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sbishop

Qnewf, if you don't me asking, what service provider are you using for high speed sattelite internet? i've got a co-worker that is not able to get DSL HS and he's looking into getting sattelite for home!

That's quite the setup you have there!

Sbishop

tonich

Hey, Quebec guys,
I’m fully enjoying this thread.
Good going!  :)

toxedo_2000

If you can read french, I wrote the story of that trip I made along the north coast of St-Laurence. And, if you cannot read french, at least there are 31 nice photos.
Quel beau voyage
http://pocus.hostonet.org/viewtopic.php?t=558
Tox
Toxedo

Quebecnewf

Here is a pic of the winter sports days here in Harrington Harbour. Here in Canada hockey is king

People will stand in freezing cold and wind just to watch hockey outdoors. Oh did I fail to mention that people will driv 100 miles by skidoo to get to the game.

Quite a crowd at the rink in this pic

SwampDonkey

Yeah we have the 'World Pond Hockey Championships' here in February up in Plaster Rock. Literally! They come from all over the globe. ;D Just do a google search.  ;)

Thank goodness for snow mobiles Newf. As they say, 'build it and they will come'. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!