iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B20 chip deflector

Started by ladylake, November 10, 2013, 05:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

NDRancher, here's some pics of my chip deflector, it's getting a little worn and I should adjust it a bit closer to the blade  .  Also that piece of metal above the guide wheel keep the guide wheel from swinging up.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

Steve, it doesn't get any simpler than that, I've been considering putting one on my bandmill. Do you think a couple of folds of lamp wick behind it would help, could always get a squirt from an oilcan occasionally.  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ladylake

Sure wouldn't hurt to put a lamp wick on if it would stand up to breaking blades..   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Holy Smoke!...ladylake posted a pic :o.

Very nice, Steve.  Something about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind ;D.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ladylake

With help from Tomthesawyer,  I beat Bandmiller2 Frank.    Steve

ARp

ladylake,

Like the quide wheel hold down, will borrow those ideas too.  That adjustable quide wheel hold down sure will beat adjusting and tightening the quide wheel now.  Always need a third hand presently.

Many thanks.

Allen

redbeard

Would like to see or hear more about hold down guide wheel. Dose it have adjustment?
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Tom the Sawyer

This was one of several neat ideas I got when I visited Steve in September.  Here is a different photo.

07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

ladylake

Quote from: redbeard on November 11, 2013, 12:51:29 AM
Would like to see or hear more about hold down guide wheel. Dose it have adjustment?

Yes the long bolt on the right is treaded a couple of inches to allow adjustment.   Steve

ND rancher

Thanks Steve,Making that sure will help. Did you try one attached to both sides of the bolt? Just thinking of when I have bumped it out out of adjustment and bending it back against the wheel. I have a tendency to bump that wheel with a large log or knot cause I have bad eyes :D so I'm gona make that adjustable strap too.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

ladylake

It's heavy enough so it doesn't bend and I rub it against logs and knobs a lot, helps protect the wheel also.  With that little bend in the end of it  helps the wheel slide past knots.   Also that a 5/8 bolt with a Cooks guide wheel on it, the 1/2" it came with bent way to easy.  I know we're not supposed to abuse them but it happens.    Steve

ND rancher

Is it 3/16 steel? Thought about when I need bearings to look for new ones with a 5/8 hole.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

ladylake

I think it's 1/8 but 3/16 would be better.   Steve

Thank You Sponsors!