iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut Market

Started by TexasTimbers, March 13, 2008, 03:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I did a search and there was a thread a couple months ago but was wanting to check recent trends from around the country. I just got RFQ on walnut for Sel&Btr. and #1Com 4/4 - 6/4, 6" - 10",  8'6"  - 12' 4"

I have a pile of mixed grade rwrlrt within those ranges. I have no idea what to price it at I have sold very little walnut in 6 months and reading the archives I sold it way cheap when I did.

Also wonder what y'all are getting on FAS he didn't request any but I have 300 BF of that too.

I forgot to mention this stuff is KD 6% - he didn't ask for KD but it's all I have right now I like to hear from anyone who has recently sold KD BW in these parameters in small quantities like this <500BF
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Ironwood

I will keep an eye on this for reference. Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WIwoodworker

These prices would be good on boards up to 9" wide. 10" and up I would add a premium.

1 Common
$3bf for 4/4
$4bf for 6/4

FAS
$4 bf for 4/4
$5 bf for 6/4
$6 bf for 8/4
Peterson 9" WPF

Sparty

Wiwoodworkers prices are pretty close for what we pay around here.  I would have to pay a little more for the FAS, especially in small quantities.

Osric

I just picked up a couple black walnut boards... 5/4,  9" wide, 8' long for $1.85 bd ft.  I don't grading, but they were decent boards...I'd say 1 common probably.

This seemed low to me and I should have taken all he had, but I didn't have room on my trailer.

I picked up some poor quality oak for .75/ft and he said he had about 400 ft of red maple for .45/ft

All air dried for 3 years.

Sparty

If it were me, I'd be going right back for that walnut.  Maybe its full of nails or some other unknown defect? 

jamesamd

I just purchased 2 planks today,in NW N.J.

Clear-$5.75 BF
Select & Better $5.00 BF
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

TexasTimbers

He ended up just wanting the #1 com for now. I quoted $5 and he didn't flinch.  Or if he did I couldn't see it over the phone. I think he liked the fact it was KD although I know many WWers do not want their walnut KD.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!