iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a find!!!!

Started by Tam-i-am, July 15, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

You might recall I was obsessed with finding an Amidon cant hook.  Well today I found one leaning up against a running Amidon sawmill.  What a find!!!!  These items were built in the 1800's near where I grew up and I never knew about it.  I even lived on Amidon Rd.  We went to Zagary Farm Museum which is owned by QVEA.  These engineers have been collecting all kinds of heavy construction equipment.  While the guys watched cable shovels and Fairbanks Morse diesel engines, I found the sawmill off in the distance.

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

samandothers

Was it still there when you left? ;D

thecfarm

Never know what one will find.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Yes, it was still there!  Only because those guys kept right on working. ;)   So I moved on to the Lane from 1853.  Looked very similar but larger.  Was originally water powered when it was in VT.  They use the Lane to cut all the wood for their buildings!

Tam-i-am

Here is a link to their website but photos are by show dates which is a lot to look through.
Zagray Farm Museum | Home Page

I don't know if the craig's list ad will still work but it has some great pics of the Lane sawmill.
Zagray Farm Summer Show July 14th - 15th - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Magicman

Quote from: samandothers on July 15, 2018, 07:22:44 PMWas it still there when you left?

Quote from: Tam-i-am on July 16, 2018, 09:28:52 AMYes, it was still there!

Hold on to your cant hooks and children, Tam-i-am is comin' through!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!