iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

solar kiln to greenhouse

Started by xlogger, March 30, 2020, 05:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Well guys milling has been good to me and meet some great guys on here with lots of good info. But this was going to be my slow down year. This virus has changed my plans but hope it finds it way out of here. I'm not selling either of my slabber mill or TK for now. I'll keep both for maybe little jobs or just to play with when I get bored. I have 1 to 2 years of slabs air drying to get into my Nyle kiln depending on how fast I move and will have a good amount to sell still. Just not planning on cutting any or very little more. Maybe some to make money for gas for my boat ;D.
Now my first plan is to turn my solar kiln into a greenhouse for my wife. Its 20 ft long with 5 heavy front doors. I'm planning on removing the doors and boarding them up with one walk in door. Looking for suggestions on more to do to turn into a greenhouse. Might have to block off some of the roof probably gets too hot in there.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

Could you put a door on each end? Getting hot out would be easier. But a big fan would do it too. Going to need air movement in there all the time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!