iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Find

Started by donbj, January 08, 2023, 12:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donbj

Been pretty slow the last year with selling and moving. Started prowling around lately and aquired this today. I had a climber come and take a tree down beside our new place during late summer and I just mentioned my saw collecting bug and he told me to talk to his boss as he knew there was a 394 he would probably let go. Well I got on that one. He didn't get back to me til a few days ago, he just plain forgot. He said I could have it. I took it as I could buy it but he said no you can have it.  Awesome guy! He'll get lots of good advertising from me I said and he said fair enough!
Anyway this is the saw. It's all there, started right up, 155 compression. Needs a few cosmetic things but it's a runner!

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Walnut Beast

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Real1shepherd

Free....OMG. Now the big cc Huskies will start following you home I suspect.:D

Always wanted a 394...was so sure I was gonna get one I bought the workshop manual hard copy. Wound up with a 2094 J'red, which is much the same, but not exactly. The stroke of the 2094 is lower in the case than the 394.

Big cc Huskies run just fine @150+. Other than any cosmetic fixes you may choose, run 'er hard! I'd love to run a 394 in decent timber against one of my 2100's. They are closely related cousins. When they dropped the 2101, they simultaneously came out with the 3120 and the 394.

Lots of people convert the 394 to a 395 innards because of the scarcity of parts....I wouldn't.

Kevin

donbj

Quote from: Real1shepherd on January 08, 2023, 01:45:39 PM
Free....OMG. Now the big cc Huskies will start following you home I suspect.:D

Always wanted a 394...was so sure I was gonna get one I bought the workshop manual hard copy. Wound up with a 2094 J'red, which is much the same, but not exactly. The stroke of the 2094 is lower in the case than the 394.

Big cc Huskies run just fine @150+. Other than any cosmetic fixes you may choose, run 'er hard! I'd love to run a 394 in decent timber against one of my 2100's. They are closely related cousins. When they dropped the 2101, they simultaneously came out with the 3120 and the 394.

Lots of people convert the 394 to a 395 innards because of the scarcity of parts....I wouldn't.

Kevin
I keep saws in my collection all stock if at all possible. If I can't at the time I will wait til the part comes around. Been very fortunate with the 394's and 2100's. Have a couple nice running 394's and a "fires up" parts saw and enough minty parts to build another that I have collected along the way.
Much the same with the 2100's. Pretty much the same scenario except the best one is very low hour, not much use on it. Favourite so far.

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

upnut

Running my neighbor's 394, making the chips fly!

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Real1shepherd

Quote from: donbj on January 08, 2023, 03:03:00 PM
I keep saws in my collection all stock if at all possible. If I can't at the time I will wait til the part comes around. Been very fortunate with the 394's and 2100's. Have a couple nice running 394's and a "fires up" parts saw and enough minty parts to build another that I have collected along the way.
Much the same with the 2100's. Pretty much the same scenario except the best one is very low hour, not much use on it. Favourite so far.

I was that way with my old J'reds....acquiring OE parts and part saws. Somehow, I figured the 2100 parts would always be around from a big company like Husky. Boy, was I dead wrong about that!

When really good 2100's were selling on eBay for $300 and less, I should have been stockpiling parts....I did with the J'reds.:-\ Have enough parts to make three 910's, for example and a nice full-wrap setup(one).

Kevin

donbj

Isn't hindsight wonderful? Same goes for a couple muscle cars I had back in the day that make me shake my head.
When I first started searching out these saws I went into a couple husky dealers asking about parts and they just looked at me like what are you smoking.
There seems to be some good stuff still out there that is sitting in back sheds or shelves. Some don't see what we see in them, it's just a chainsaw to many, nothing more.
My intent is to dig around here and see what comes around. Surprising what comes up when just striking up a conversation. Prime example is this latest 394 I was fortunate to get.
Have a couple smaller ones on the way as well, a 480CD and an L65 chain brake edition. The addiction progresses.

DHansen

Very nice Don, Sure like to read all these big bore threads and seeing your collection.  The photos are aways great.  Big saws, 404 chain talk and lots of wood chips flying.  BIG fun!

donbj

Quote from: DHansen on January 09, 2023, 09:47:03 PM
Very nice Don, Sure like to read all these big bore threads and seeing your collection.  The photos are aways great.  Big saws, 404 chain talk and lots of wood chips flying.  BIG fun!
Thanks I appreciate that! Slowly getting into things again. Don't have a proper shop to dive into too much at present, and am limited to things that don't stink up the house in my basement shop in the house.
I have my saws in my storage shed in hibernation nice and kozy. Hopefully will build a shop this year. I have my 394's in just going over what direction to go with them and just tinkering on them.
I haven't run 404 yet but do have a couple bars for my 2100's for it. Will have to set that up some day. I bought a logging truck load of firewood so do have something to cut for sure😄
Anyway, this is what I'm fiddlin with this evening.

DHansen

When 404 comes up I think of Kevin.  And then when big Huskys come up its you.  Your new work bench looks organized.  My wife complains that I smell like metal or sometimes burnt motor oil.  O well I guess we have to live with that.  Tinkering is fun and burning hydrocarbons is always a plus in my book.

donbj

Quote from: DHansen on January 10, 2023, 08:21:00 PMYour new work bench looks organized.

Notice the rest of the bench isn't in the picture?:D

Thank You Sponsors!