iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where did you find me?

Started by Ironmower, May 25, 2009, 06:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironmower

Is what the little note said, tied to a ballon. I found it in the woods and it made it here all the way from Somerset Ohio. I've done writin' a little note and sent it back. Do any of you guys & gals find any of these? I found one years ago and it had come from somewhere in Michagan. I thought it was kinda neat ;) Just curious, If this would have landed in a park or conservation area, would it be considered litterin'  ???
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

Jeff

We have found a couple over the years.  I can't recall now where they were from as its been such a long time ago.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

stonebroke

I have found a lot of them. I just consider it to be littering. People throwing stuff on my farm from hundreds of miles away.

Stonebroke

Woodwalker

I've found a few around here. Kinda like a note in a bottle.
Leaving for work just before daylight one morning, I found one of my  cows tangled up in the lines on a weather balloon that had come down in the pasture.   
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Dan_Shade

i had one found when I was a kid.  we did a balloon release at school in the first grade, i think.

i don't remember where it got too, so I guess the experiment didn't really do much   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beenthere

Quote from: Ironmower on May 25, 2009, 06:08:38 AM
....... I've done writin' a little note and sent it back. ............

Did you launch your balloon when the wind was blowin the other way? Otherwise, it might not make it back.   ::) ::)

;D

Littering, but then it's fun to learn how far they can go. Found a weather balloon remains when cutting firewood this year. Came down with the ash tree.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ironmower

Ya, I launched when my wife was talkin' and facing west, she has plenty of hot air :D :D ;) Hope she don't read this, she's a pertty fair shot too :o :o
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

estiers

I fond one once while surveying for Emerald Ash Borer in South Central Michigan (Hillsdale Co.).  Was from Chicago area.  Wrote back and sent EAB info along with it!!
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Thank You Sponsors!