iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now the hopefully proud owner of a Tree Shear

Started by just_sawing, July 24, 2012, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I had a Tree terminator with grapple brought out for a try. I cut everything from honey locust to bowdock and red ceder. I examined the bottom of the cut and lost less than 6 inches to shear cracks. Since this is a machine that shears at the ground level 6 inches below where I would saw it I think it is going to work out. 
Along with the Mill I guess I am in the fence row clearing business.
I have 60 acres of woods that are heavy in Red ceder much to be cleared for Chips.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

bandmiller2

This will require a name change to "just shear it" congrats on your purchase,let us know how you like it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

okmulch

Does it look like this? :) We have used tree terminators for almost eight years cutting cedar in Oklahoma. I just bought a second one a year ago and had the first refurbished and sent to my dad's in Indiana. They are very well built and have been very happy with them.  The one in the picture we actually acquired with a woodmizer. I cleaned it up and sold it to a guy in Texas since I had just bought the new one.

Good luck with yours. I think you will be happy with it.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

shortlogger

How big of a tree will that cut ? And can you carry it like with a larger machine ?
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

okmulch

Quote from: shortlogger on July 26, 2012, 01:25:44 AM
How big of a tree will that cut ? And can you carry it like with a larger machine ?
It has two 20 inch blades. I have cut some 30 inch cedars with it but it takes several bites. The ones we have are made to fit skid steers.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Thank You Sponsors!