iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Booneville 2023

Started by Old Greenhorn, July 22, 2023, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Well the show is one month from this weekend and I thought I would ask who might be going. Maybe we can meet up at Logrite which should be right by the main gate? I will try harder this year to NOT miss the folks I promised to meet. A little early for precise planning, but I think we will be there for 3 days. Also, we expect to camp in our usual spot. If you exit the main gate (the one with the covered bridge) and turn left on the road, we are a short walk down and across from the school in a private field with a white trailer. There is likely some camping spots available there if anyone is interested and I can hook y'all up with property the owner. I forget what we paid, but it wasn't a lot. In fact I think we overpaid, because we felt it wasn't enough.

So who is going?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

OlJarhead

All the cool shows are out east?  lol
I keep thinking the big logging a d sawmill operation s are out west but I haven't seen them yet
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Old Greenhorn

Cool shows? Well, I don't know, but we do have some in the northeast and this is the only one I go to. It's as much social as anything and I get to see some FF friends I haven't met yet as well as the Logrite family and others. Last year I went with a pocket full of cash and didn't find anything I was looking for. This year I barely have enough cash to go at all, but going I am. One must keep up appearances, mustn't one? :D ;D Besides, this is how I get a feel for the trends in the industry, just shooting the breeze with anyone and everyone that I happen to be around. Plus, of course, the grease pole climbing contest on Friday night is not to be missed. This year I WILL have a camera and will be interested to se if Bill does it again. (his team took second last year behind some pro's.)
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Crusarius

Not sure I trust you not to stand me up again this year. But I will be there on friday. And since you stood us up last year I think you owe us lunch :)

SwampDonkey

The closest event here, that is more historical than anything, is the Patten Lumberman's Museum Bean Hole dinner, second weekend every August. 11:00- 3:00 eastern time. Missed it for 3 years, going this time. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Crusarius on August 05, 2023, 11:29:49 PM
Not sure I trust you not to stand me up again this year. But I will be there on friday. And since you stood us up last year I think you owe us lunch :)
You know I have been feeling bad about this since you posted it and just went back and read last year's thread and now I don't feel as bad. LINK First of all, I did apologize more than a few times to both you and @moosehunter . Second, I was watching the GOL competition. Since I can't compete in that, not having won a regional (which I can never do because I have a conflict on that date, besides, people tell me I am too old:)), I wanted to see how the field was doing. Yes, I still feel bad, but not as much as you maybe think I should. ;D I will not shoot myself over it.
This year, maybe we pick an earlier time, like noon? I can't find a listing that tells me (us) when the GOL comp will be and I'd really like to see that. Maybe somebody else can find it?
This time I will put an alarm in my phone and have the afore knowledge that I will be dragged over a bed of coals in a very public way if I miss it. ::)

moosehunter

We won't make it this year. Scheduled a saw job that weekend. Have fun everybody!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

mudfarmer

We might make it down, unclear. The traffic last year really got my blood pressure up :D and it would be Saturday because we both have to work

Crusarius

Tom, no biggie, just giving you a hard time :)

Enjoyed just hanging out and chatting with Tammy.

PLan for me is still to be up there friday.

Old Greenhorn

Well, last call. We are leaving early afternoon tomorrow (Thursday) hoping to be set up before the rain starts. Friday is looking like a heavy rain day but the rest of the weekend looks pretty good. If anyone decides to come and wants to hook up, send me a PM and I'll give you my number (or you can find it on my website). If you need a place to sit and relax for a bit, our campsite is about 300' west of the covered bridge gate entrance and I am fairly sure there is room for other campers if that works for you.
 I won't be on the forum much after noon Thursday, but will check through the weekend.

mudfarmer

Turns out I have to work one of my funny shifts this weekend, Friday night until about midnight or 1am and then back again at 6am Saturday. Most likely will NOT see you there. Have a good time!

Crusarius

come friday during the day :)

mudfarmer

It's nice that you think they give me the daytime off :D

Crusarius

I think its been 3 years I have been missing you every year. Oh well. what's another year? :)

Tom, I think we should be getting there around 9:00 to 9:30 on friday. I will probably hang out in Logrite booth at lunchtime 12:00ish to feed the kids. If we connect great, otherwise I am sure we will run into each other another time.

Old Greenhorn

Sounds good. We should be walking in around opening time. Not sure if we're cooking breakfast or buying. Either way, I should be able to make it back to Logrite around your time. It is what it is. We are a bit late getting out. Bill has the second tank on his truck pulled out right now for cleaning and when he's done, we'll get hitched up and moving.

Old Greenhorn

We've arrived and are all set up. No rain yet, but later for sure.

Old Greenhorn

Well just for the historical record I want to let it be known that crusauriis and family and I did meet up, not one but several times through the day. So we can put that to bed now.  :D
 By all evidence we both had a fine day in spite of the rain and not so warm temps. I spent a fair amount of the afternoon watching the GOL state finals and being thankful I had taken a pass on the regionals. Who needs that kind of pressure? ;D
 I also scored a good deal on a B&C for my 562, so I am happy. My buddy Bill's team took second place in the greased pole climb and that was blast to watch. Video ma y follow in another thread. Tomorrow I have a different agenda and we shall see what develops. But thast another day.

Thank You Sponsors!