iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo

Started by Glenn, January 17, 2013, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I was in at my local repair shop - very small shop.  He sells echo.  I gave them a very good look over and was very impressed.  Good balance, nice controls, actual toggle switch for on/off, extra handle pump oiler on largest model and they sit flat on the ground.  Come with a 5 year warranty too.  I think i'm going to try one for my next saw this summer ! 

petefrom bearswamp

I am very satisfied with my cs600p
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

old 030

i love my 600p as well, great saw popcorn_smiley

thecfarm

If it's half as good as my 25 year old trimmer,it would be a good one. I only replaced the whole starter thing last year. I use that poor thing alot too. No big deal for me to go through 2-3-4 tanks of gas with it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

Just make sure he pulls the limiter caps and tunes your new saw before you use it, using the gas you use.  A lot of new saws come set too lean.  What model are you thinking of, the CS400  CS500  and CS600 are all real nice saws.  The muff on the CS400 is really choked up , cuts way faster when opened up.  I think the CS500 and CS600 are good as they come.  Out of my 30 or so saws the CS400 muff modd is my favorite around the mill, cuts fast, handles great and starts on the 1st pull without the choke even after sitting quite a while.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SwampDonkey

Echo is just as good as the rest of the big brands.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ALWOL

I am very happy with my new cs 600 also. With the muffler opened up and carb worked over it will run circles around a 360 Stihl. The best part about it is the reliability. Never have to pull the rope more than twice and its running.

There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

Al_Smith

They've made some decent saws and like the rest some that were not .

I've got an Echo hedge trimmer that I think may have came over on the Mayflower .It needs some attention but when it takes a notion to run it does very well .Otherwise the hedges get trimmed with a Stihl 200T which also does a good job .I think though I could eliminate the hedge pruning  with a stout chain and my old Oliver Crawler without much effort .They make a nice bon fire after they dry a little .

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but it's awfully cold out there in the dog house this time of year. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JuniperBoss

I LOVE the looks of the Echo saws. I don't have a dealer within 60 miles, so I would have to be going out on a limb buying one. If it ever broke, I'd have to try to fix it myself or junk it (I don't think repair shops will fix them around here either). But, the small Echos are pretty cheap, so I could buy two Echo saws for the price of one Professional Stihl saw.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

beenthere

QuoteI LOVE the looks

Is it the red?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JuniperBoss

What I meant was that I like the features. Low-vibe, easy starting, good balance/handling, this is what I mean. It could be painted brown, I don't care.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

shinnlinger

HD has the 400 for $300 and the 600 for $550 as a point of reference.  If a local dealer has them I would of course buy thru them even if it was a little more but if no locals have it that is the way to go.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

petefrom bearswamp

The only issue I have with my 600 is with the chain tension.
I have to tighten every tank of gas.
I did the limiter cap removal as soon as I got the saw out of the box
I bought mine on line for just under 400.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

JuniperBoss

Do the smaller "limbing" Echos last with full-time use?

trapper

I am satisfied with my cs670. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

cuterz

Echo's are very nice saws I like the ones I have.

scully

from what I have seen personaly I would buy 1 without question . They seem to be a well thought out design .
I bleed orange  .

sawguy21

I have sold and serviced small engines, have always liked Echo products. I really don't think they get the respect they deserve. I have a trimmer I bought six years ago not running at a garage sale for ten bucks. A carb kit and starter rope was all it wanted.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Knute

The 600 seems to have very good reviews. Does anyone have an opinion on the 680?

Glenn

I think it was the 680 i was looking at.  It was the largest the make so far with a rumour of a larger one soon.  I like the little extra strength in the handle on this model and the balance was just right.  Going for around $800 here in Ontario.

arlostone

i have a kioritz echo cs 351 evl from 1972 that a fella gave me has japanese lettering on gas and oil caps good antivibe,non restricted muffler,50cc,looks to be pro grade,and this saw rips.so echo has been doing it awhile.
tk 1400

cuterz

Echo's are very good saws.

DanG

I have a 670 and a 300.  I've had both of them for over ten years and have been well satisfied.  The 670 pulls its 32" bar quite well and the little 300 is the best little limbing saw I've ever used.  Both of them have been very dependable with few issues.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

JuniperBoss

Good. Maybe it's time to get one :).

Thank You Sponsors!