iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Impregnated Carbide Chain

Started by lumberjack48, February 15, 2012, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Fuzzybear gave me the brand name Impregnated Laser saw chain, so i went looking.

Wanted to make sure you all seen this on carbide chain. Fusybear is using it now.

http://www.cutterschoice.com/cgi-bin/store/cutters.cgi?report=parts&p=&cur=USD&s=new_us&category=Saw%20Chain&s_category_id=193
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowshoveler

We sell a little bit of that chain from time to time. Choppers and woodcutters say its pretty good if you work on the landing cutting after a skidder . Also say it won't win any races felling or bucking clean timber.But it is good for dirty /muddy wood.
I haven't used it myself so I have no honest opinion.
Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

lumberjack48

I seen no difference in cutting speed with a 3/8 full chisel chain filed with a 5/32 file, it stayed razor sharp longer.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

simonmeridew

I use it on my 034 to cut up softwood slabs for the outdoor wood boiler. Because of all the dirt on the bark of the slabs I used to need to sharpen 3-4 times a tankful; kinda takes the fun out of it. The carbide sprayed chain, electroplated on, from Bailey's,  easily goes a whole tankful per sharpening. It is semichisel though. Sharpening doesn't even take any longer with the carbide, use the same files.

Unless I've been skidding in snow, that saw is the goto saw I use on the firewood landing.
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

DDDfarmer

I use carbide semi-chisel on both my saws.  Cost more per loop, sharpens the same as a regular chain but can last 2-3 times longer.  I find this chain is more productive on my faster rpm solo than the slightly slower husky, I think some experiments with RPM are in order....

After using carbide in dry, frozen, wet, dirty, and everything else under the sun. Knowing that I could buy 2 or 3 regular chains for the price of one carbide.  I dont think I will go back to reg chain. 

Dirty gritty cedar...no problem
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

fuzzybear

I have been using it for a while and I am veryhappy, I can also add that Cutters has excellent customer service.  The Edmonton office is where I have been ordering from. Living this far north most companies from the US do not ship here (no UPS or FedEx). They put it through the mail express shipping.  It still takes a week to get here but the last time I ordered from the States it took 2 months.
There brand of Pro forestry bars are turning out to be well worth the money too. Made from Japan steel, and have been taking a beating so far, but it is still to early to tell about longevity. I think it is going to last a long time based on performance so far.
I mention to them about the forum every time I talk to them. If more of you do the same maybe it will get them involved with this AWSOME forum. And if enough mention this place maybe they will get involved and help Jeff out with support.
  That is the #1 reason I was leary about mentioning brand specific, they are not a forum supporter. Hopefully they will be.
Quote from: lumberjack48 on February 15, 2012, 05:42:56 PM
Fuzzybear gave me the brand name Impregnated Laser saw chain, so i went looking.

Wanted to make sure you all seen this on carbide chain. Fusybear is using it now.

http://www.cutterschoice.com/cgi-bin/store/cutters.cgi?report=parts&p=&cur=USD&s=new_us&category=Saw%20Chain&s_category_id=193
I thought my wife was the only one that called me "Fusybear"   ;D :D
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

DDDfarmer

I also order the laser chain from cutters.  great service, just call with your saw model and tell them what you want.. 3-4 days and its here
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!