iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucky

Started by Magicman, June 08, 2013, 08:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Lucky was the only survivor when the bushhog ran over a rabbit nest 7 years ago.  He was no larger than ½ of my pinky finger, and our daughter, Deb decided that she could raise it.  Of course everyone knows that a wild rabbit cannot be raised, but she insisted.  She used a medicine dropper and then a doll baby bottle.  The rascal survived and grew.  She used a pet "pee" pad and Lucky quickly learned and was housebroken.  She could call him and he would come hopping to her.  He could instantly determine if a stranger entered the room and would hide.  I seldom got to see him, and could never touch him.  Lucky grew up with the dogs, and became one of them. 

Sadly, Lucky started loosing his eyesight.  Cataracts finally covered both eyes and he would hop into furniture and walls, but he remained housebroken.  He knew where to "go".  When we moved her furniture out this week, I did not find the first "rabbit pill" anywhere.

Deb feeding Lucky vanilla wafers.

The puppy looking for leftovers.  The wire cage did not have a door, and he had free access to the house. 

I took these pictures of Lucky Monday.  That night he decided to chew on the power cord to the TV and Lucky's luck run out.  He got to move with Deb to her new home, except in a box.   :-\

Loosing a pet is tough, whether it be a cat, dog, or a ....... rabbit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

At least Lucky had a good life. The name fits. Sorry for the loss.
This was a good story Magic. Thanks for sharing it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Great story, but sorry for Deb's loss. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

That is too bad. Lucky was lucky to find a family like your's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Gonna keep a rabbits foot? for a good-luck charm?

Sorry to hear about Lucky too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I brought up the subject of Gumbo, but Pat quickly told me to shut up. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 08, 2013, 10:08:42 PM
I brought up the subject of Gumbo, but Pat quickly told me to shut up.

You're a bad Man.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LAZERDAN

Very very Bad Man

Magicman

Yes, I know, but being the reining patriarch of the family, they either listen to or ignore me. smiley_dizzy  They need me too badly to kick me out.   ;D

Tom the Sawyer

When I was a kid we had a pet rabbit, a Dutch Belted.  One day it was hopping around the living room and went behind the couch.  A few minutes later there was a 'bang' and a flash.   :o The rabbit flew out from under the couch, sliding across the hardwood floor.  It tried to stand up, staggered,  shook its head and sat there for awhile.  Soon it hopped away.  Never bit into another light cord.  Unfortunately, sometime later it couldn't outrun a Dachshund.   :'(
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

breederman

Sorry to hear about you television ! I mean rabbit.  I also live with a box trained rabbit that got left here by a daughter.   I call him stew. Until our old beagle died last fall they lived together more or less peacefully.  One day our insurance agent came to take a picture of our wood furnace, we were not home but I had told him to go on in and take care of business.  He called me later and said he had seen the dog and the rabbit both asleep in the dog bed. He said. "That ain't right!"
Together we got this !

sandhills

Sorry to hear about the rabbit, as you said Magic, pets are pets no matter what they are.

Warbird

Quote from: Magicman on June 08, 2013, 10:52:00 PM
Yes, I know, but being the reining patriarch of the family, they either listen to or ignore me. smiley_dizzy  They need me too badly to kick me out.   ;D

Don't feel bad.  If'n it were me, I would've brought up the cat and the Christmas lights cord in "National Lampoons Vacation".  And I woulda been sleeping in the dog house for sure.

Sorry for the loss of a pet, though.

moosehunter

When I was young,.... maybe 12 or so I found a tiny rabbit by the road, very close to a very dead rabbit in the road. My mom said I probably could not save it but I had to try. He did fine until Danny my Springer Spaniel got ahold of him. >:(
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!