iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 x a Lucky man

Started by 78NHTFY, July 08, 2015, 11:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78NHTFY

My daughter and boyfriend Peter visit from NYC every few months.  Peter has noticed all the slabs I have stickered in various areas and asked if he could have a few to work with.  Well last weekend they were here again, this time as a future son-in-law 8) 8) 8) and for us to meet his parents.  (They are great folks!).  So while we were all getting acquainted, Peter is mostly in the shop working away, sanding, trimming, except for when the food was ready, of course. ;D.   So here is what he sent me today--not too shabby for a beginning woodworker.   

In his words: Two slabs are ready for sealing, though I may do epoxy in the crack of the walnut. Did my first two bowties. Sanded both down to 800 grit. The walnut looks like glass. The pictures don't do justice. Maple bowtie for the walnut. Walnut bowtie (on the underneath) of the long oak slab. I hand scraped the bark off of the oak slab.  You get a great feel for the wood that way!.  Sounds like a pro to me!  So how 2 x lucky can a guy get: a future son-in-law AND a budding woodworker.  And to top it off, his Dad, who has Parkinson's, managed to run the Woodmizer to cut some white pine!  A great weekend and I still can't get the grin off my face.  Thanks for letting me share.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

pine

Congratulations.  Sounds like your daughter found a keeper. :)

78NHTFY

Pine--thanks.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

thecfarm

A man can't be all bad,if he can make a slab look like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

It would be nice to have a son in law !
Sounds like he's a good guy .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!