Sponsors:

Help Estimating cords

Started by Logging logginglogging, March 07, 2016, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

Logging logginglogging

So no one has any advice? / input?

landscraper

I read the message and couldn't figure it out.

You say "how long should it be?" - for how many cords?

5 x 16 x ???  You say 128cf so if you use your 23' length you would have 14.375 cords using your measurements?

Maybe I'm missing something.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Logging logginglogging

clearcut

A legal cord, according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology Handbook 130, 2016 Edition is
Quote2.4.1.2. Cord. – The amount of wood that is contained in a space of 128 ft3 when the wood is ranked and well stowed. For the purpose of this regulation, "ranked and well stowed" shall be construed to mean that pieces of wood are placed in a line or row, with individual pieces touching and parallel to each other, and stacked in a compact manner.

Since you describe your pile as loosely stacked, it is most likely less than 14.375 cords. How much less is difficult to say.

Maine allows a "loose cord" pile of 12"-16" wood of 180 ft3 or 24" wood in 195 ft3.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Logging logginglogging

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jueston

i estimate 7 cords.... :D

i wonder if the OP left his account open on a public computer, or has in some other way been compromised....

Jeff

Did this guy go back and edit his posts to remove the original content? Is that what I am seeing here?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

47sawdust

I really hate to say this but,"I'm clueless".Hope my wife doesn't see this.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on March 23, 2016, 02:57:35 PM
Did this guy go back and edit his posts to remove the original content? Is that what I am seeing here?

If this is the case, it is a sure fire way to get permanently kicked out of the Forestry Forum.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!