iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 2000 vs Woodmizer lt 40 super

Started by homesteader shane, June 12, 2012, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

So,  7 months later has a selection been made or did I miss it in the thread?

DGDrls

MReinemann

I'll be honest.  When I got my LT35HD the debarker motor locked up at like 5hrs.  I can't be brutally honest right now because my receipts are out in my shed and it's like 6 degrees out and I'm lazy.  I think that part was in the $350 range.  At like 9 hours my circuit board for the feed control motor fritzed out.  Think that was like $150ish.  Both parts were under warranty and the parts were at my door within 2 days after I called them.  The circuit board was there the day after and the motor took 2 days.  Customer service is great i.m.o. and my issues were a unique problem.  I have over 80hrs on it now with no problems and I'd say close to 15k bd/ft.
-Matt

drobertson

I hear ya, sometimes things just happen, I had similar issues back in 05' warranty came through, I learned allot about the mill and then moved on.  Frustrating? yes, fixable? yes, better in the end? yes, hang in there, it will get better,  learning curves change, and it gets better, this much is for sure.  Stay warm, spring is getting closer everyday 8)  except for some of those in polar bear country,  sorry about that for you guys, not sure about all the global warming, the most I can see is coming from the wood stove, and the back bathroom is still a bit cold on the seat! ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red pine

I am late to this thread as usual. When I was looking for a mill 2 years ago (had no prior experience with any sawmill other than my brother in law had a circular one) I looked at Woodmizer and Timberking. Both seemed to be comparable although WM's pricing for the various features  came at a higher price. The deciding factor came to me was this. TK allowed me to pay in U.S. identical to the U.S. pricing whereas WM insisted on Cdn. $ which had a big premium added to the U.S. pricing at a time when Cdn was at a small premium. This amounted to a large difference in price and I did not feel like being taken for paying a big premium.  You may wish to keep that in mind. No regrets with my purchase and service has been great for whatever I have needed. :laugh:

Thank You Sponsors!