iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

missed a good sale

Started by Quartlow, May 23, 2005, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Had to do a craft show saterday, cousin calls me up and asks if I can help him move a 3 point hitch tank sprayer that he got for $35 and a 10 shank chisel plow for $75 on sunday. I said sure. Then he tells me about a 56 inch circle mill, older cummins power, I guess after seeing it sunday it would cut probably a 20 foot long log of so, had a powered out feed table for the boards. Nice setup, it sold for $2500 and I missed it  :'( :'( :'( worse yet there was a re saw there setup to run off of a 540 PTO with 4 blades looked to be in prety decent shape, it went for 800. the dust blower, brought $50 and 2 36 inch planers brought $100 apiece  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Ernie

Don't you just hate it when that happens.  I usually buy high and sell low and miss out on the good deals :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ron Wenrich

We had a mill sell up this way a couple of weeks ago, and it was really under advertised.

It was an older automatic, probably about 30 yrs old.  It included the log deck, out feed deck, double end trimmer, green chain, chipper, all the electric motors and the building.  Knowing the mill, I believe there was a debarker with it.  Sale price - $7900

Amish were mad that someone pushed the price beyond $5000.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quartlow

Well i'm kind of stupid around circle mills but this thing had a saw blade hanging from the ceiling on some kind of arm to come down, small blade guess about  12 inches or so was on the board side of the main blade if I rember right.

I'm like you Erni, by high and sell Low, I figure with enough volume I should get rich quick  :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Ron Wenrich

Sounds like a top saw.  Its used to saw bigger logs.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ironwood

Quartlow,

You will get that. I missed an O Paulson 36" bandmill with 4-6" beam on the blade. It had an auxiliary multi blade rip system ran off a 11 hp honda. The main was a three cyl. Diesel. Rockford clutch.

My kid came down with RSV, the worst virus out there to date, got admitted to the hospital. We live away from family so we have little immeadiate support system so I drove 4 hrs thru the night to get home. I tried to proxy it the next morning. The auctineer said no guarrenttees as there are 5 rings going at a time and 5000 bidders. We'll I proxied it at $6000. It sold for $1200. I DIDN"T WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( :( :o :-[ :-\ :'(, some days you'll get that.

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!