iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to get multiple free rides to the U.P.

Started by Jeff, September 07, 2007, 10:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

...Just tell your sister that you will make sure her screen porch she has always wanted gets built. ;D

In our spare time up north we have been working on this project. Its almost done so I thought I would post some photos.

Getting started

I'd rather work with rough sawn.>:( Its much more accurate then this boughten stuff. Look at the difference between these two treated 2 by 6's. They came out of the same stack at Lowes, we didnt think of measuring everyone of them at point of purchase. :-\

Cut it twice and its still to short? :D

Now for the walls..

And da roof. We actually designed the porch to revolve around those cedar skirt boards you see there. We spotted them at the Pickford lumberyard. They were  2 foot t and g end cuts they were selling for 50ยข a board foot. You cant saw it for that. Noway. So we designed the porch to where we could use those 2 footers as is.

Finished the outside other then the door and ready for screens.

Yesterday we built., stained and installed the screen frames.
View from inside with screens installed.

Last week Tammy and I found this 36" door for 5 bucks at a yard sale. I brought it home and sanded it. I see now it has a mouse hole in the screen so I'll need to fix that.

I have burnt a little finishing touch at the base of the door before I give it to Lynda.  ;D  We'll install this when we go up next time. :)  I'm sorry to see this project come to an end as I'll need new excuses to go to the U.P.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Good job,bub.  Say, I got this little project here in Texas, but, no, no free transportation.  But I could feed ya, water ya, and give ya a pallet to lay down on. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Don K

Jeff, Did ya'll put screen under the porch floor to stop bugs if cracks open up between the boards?

Good looking job and a nice touch on the door.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

Nope, we didnt as the porch is going to have indoor outdoor carpet.  I've seen porches that have the screen underneath and they are crud collectors. The indoor outdoor carpet can be taken up if needed and the floor underneath cleaned. If you have screen under there, you have a mess.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!