iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She is Boiling

Started by Magicman, February 25, 2015, 10:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

A ham bone.  That means that we will have ham bone/vegetable soup today.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Just the bone? or some of the good stuff on the bone? kinda dumb question I reckon,, enjoy!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Sounds like a good soup Lynn, good weather for it too.  digin1
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

We always leave about an inch of meat all around the bone.  Less trimming makes more for the soup. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Sounds good. My last hambone went to a batch of split pea soup. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Magicman on February 25, 2015, 01:23:39 PM
We always leave about an inch of meat all around the bone.  Less trimming makes more for the soup.

I like to use a ham bone trimmed like you described to cook in a pot of soup beans. Now thats good eating.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Dad said when he was young, several families used the same Ham Bone to flavor Pintos. They would always return it and loan it again.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

StimW

I love veggie soup with the ham bone as the center piece!
I also like a lot of Barley in mine. Or should I say the little bit I put in turned into a LOT!
I tried to use a Honey Baked Ham Bone once and every place the cutter nicked the bone it left bone chips in the soup!   :(
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Magicman

The Hambone soup with Cornbread hit the right spot.  food6

luvmexfood

Quote from: Magicman on February 25, 2015, 07:25:59 PM

The Hambone soup with Cornbread hit the right spot.  food6

Now thats a good looking bowl of soup. And cornbread on the side.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magic, you really need to get YUKON CORNELIUS's son to make you a big wooden spoon to eat that soup with.
That what you are showing stirs a small cup of coffee or feeds a Humming Bird.  ;D

Magicman

Maybe I am ahead of you because Dodgy Loner already carved one for me.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had to open my mouth.  :D

coxy

that was funny  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

drobertson

And she is boiled and baked!  with this potential winter blast coming later this evening we decided to go for the ham and beans, with corn bread of course,,

Just waiting now for everyone to get in,  I did taste, it's ok, I mean it will work for this time ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!