iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm in Fine Woodworking Magazine!!!

Started by scsmith42, October 30, 2019, 10:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Quote from: boardmaker on October 31, 2019, 09:59:56 AM
Really cool Scott.  I've always considered Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding 2 of the best out there.  It's an honor to grace their pages.  

Now, about Hairless Hardwoods...  Considering my hairline has been slowly changing over the last 10 years, I feel that I may be a little hypocritical saying anything.  HaHa.
I might have to trademark that name before one of my fellow FF members does!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

scsmith42

Quote from: doc henderson on October 31, 2019, 03:46:26 AM
yes that is quite and honor, and I certainly do not mean to take away from it with posting my story.  I have never been published in a wood magazine, let alone fine woodworking, by Taunton press, very good info for real woodworkers.  in this months sawmill and wood lot, there is a article on drone use in forestry.  It was the national walnut council hosted in all places... Topeka, Ks.  I did not go but a friend did.  best Regards and continued success!!!  @scsmith42
Doc, are you kidding?  I missed your thread before but was really glad that you posted the link.  That's a great article; thanks for sharing.
Scott

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 31, 2019, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 31, 2019, 10:26:34 AMCongratulations and continued popularity and success. I heard rumors you were looking for a bigger hat now.
  BTW - I'd just as soon not know you were reading this thread on the toilet. popcorn_smiley steve_smiley
Yeah, I rethought that joking comment and deleted it.
Now if I can just get Tommy Lee Jones or Will Smith to wave one of those memory erasing pens like they used in Men In Black so I can get the image out of my mind....  :D :D

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

doc henderson

phrase also used by Dennis' friend Mr. Wilson, 

"Great Scott!" is an interjection of surprise, amazement, or dismay. It is a distinctive but inoffensive exclamation, popular in the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, and now considered dated.
:D :D :D.  made we wonder where the phrase came from, after Sir Walter Scott initially.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Mfrost459

Congratulations!! Look forward to reading the article.
Wood-Mizer LT50 Wide 2021 - LT-40 - 1992
EG-200 board Edger - New Holland Skilsteer - Kubota SVL95-2 skidsteer
Nyle L53 Kiln -  Nyle L200S Container Kiln

Have a great day milling!

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sealark37

I could not wait, but my copy arrived yesterday.  The article and the pictures were impressive.  I do question how the guy in the inset article moved that log on the trailer with a winch and cant hook!

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

boonesyard

Just got mine. Congratulations, well done!!
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

terrifictimbersllc

It's a good article for an overview of why to get your wood sawn by portable Sawyer . FWW told me if u have the unlimited membership you can share an article with anyone you want.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

scsmith42

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on November 08, 2019, 06:46:48 AM
It's a good article for an overview of why to get your wood sawn by portable Sawyer . FWW told me if u have the unlimited membership you can share an article with anyone you want.
We are in the midst of signing some documents so that I can share .pdf copies of the article.  Hopefully in the next week or two all of the paperwork will get wrapped up.

barbender

Cool story! That's awesome to get your operation profiled, even with the "peeled onion" hairstyle😁
Too many irons in the fire

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: scsmith42 on November 09, 2019, 03:53:09 PM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on November 08, 2019, 06:46:48 AM
We are in the midst of signing some documents so that I can share .pdf copies of the article.  Hopefully in the next week or two all of the paperwork will get wrapped up.
Would like to hear the terms.  I called FWW to ask about doing that very thing the other day and was told what I posted above.  TBH the answer the customer service rep gave didnt sound right for a business.  The Unlimited membership is $99/yr. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!