iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DMV

Started by Don P, March 01, 2021, 07:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacotodd

I live in a little town that doesn't even have a DMV. We have to go to another town to get our insurance and tags.
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

@Tacotodd your small town should have a DMV office like the one in my little town.  It is the back corner of the local furniture, appliance store.  I used to sit on a recliner waiting for my turn in line.  In the same store there is also a Western Union desk.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

jasonb

firefighter ontheside,

Why can't you just use your passport to fly? 
HM122

firefighter ontheside

I can, but its gonna expire next year and I'm not sure I'll renew it right away.  I probably will renew it.  If this pandemic ever ends I want to go to Croatia.  As far as travel in the states, its easier to use my license.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

So after my original post where DMV was asking me to renew my 5 year CDL 4 years early they sent a letter out a month or so later saying "never mind". 

So this week I get a letter saying that I need to send them my annual medical certification paperwork by May or they will cancel my license. Uhh, I sent it back in Dec  ::). So I just resent it which I can only assume will start another hiccup in their pea brained computer  :D. Sheesh!

Southside

Every quarter for a year now I get a nasty gram and notice of fine from the tax folks who claim I didn't file my Forest Use Tax.  Well this last time I called the office of the Secretary and told them to cancel my account as I won't be paying the tax any longer since they keep loosing my checks and forms, but I will continue to buy logs.  The guy sort of stuttered for a bit then asked how he could help.  I don't know - put it on line so I have proof I paid?  Make your folks responsible for their actions?  They did tell me I was not the only one having this issue but then said they think they have a "glitch" in their system.  

We will see what happens with thee one I sent in yesterday.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Forest use tax?? What's  that exactly? 

Southside

It's a tax on sunshine that sawmills have to pay here in Virginiastan. Basically if a tree grew in the forest and I turn it into lumber I have to pay a specific tax for that. Not realestate tax, not sales tax, forest use tax.  Have to keep records of either BF or tons of logs I saw. 

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

What about firewood?
Trying harder everyday.

metalspinner

My inner Libertarian is really struggling to read this thread :'(
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

GRANITEstateMP

Here in NH, The "Live Free or Die" state, getting plates used to be easy. Go into your town clerk with bill of sale with the vin, mileage, and if needed lien holder. Hand over a check to the town for reg and a check to the state for plates and good to go. The s a .093 chance that the color the towns computers comes up with associated with the vin will be correct!  Don't try and have them fix it! You need a sleeping bag, note from your 3rd grade art teacher, and your pharmacy discount card to start to sort that out!

When KungFlu hit, now you need to get or set an appt online. It took me 3ish weeks to transfer tags on my new to me dump trailer last July.

We don't need to have anything but liability insurance here in NH, unless you have a loan, then you need full coverage.

I got my CDL B last year, about 3 weeks before we got locked down. I am so thankful for that. It would have really screwed up my new job if I couldn't get it!

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Southside

Quote from: Tacotodd on April 14, 2021, 03:08:07 AM
What about firewood?
I don't know as we don't do anything with firewood on a commercial scale.  But - in case you sold any pine RR ties there is that box to fill in each quarter....  When was the last time a pine RR tie was purchased? 1940?  I suspect this particular tax only exists to pay for the office that collects it.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Sedgehammer

Good gawd i am thankful i live in a red, red state. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

Wudman

Quote from: Nebraska on April 13, 2021, 10:41:36 PM
Forest use tax?? What's  that exactly?
Here in Virginia, it is a "severance tax".  When it was set up, the majority of the collected funds were supposed to go to the "Reforestation of Timberlands" program.  That fund was to assist landowners with reforestation costs.  The balance was to go to the Virginia Department of Forestry to promote active forest management.  The state was supposed to provide a 100% match from the "General Fund" to supplement this money.  However, the "match" has not happened for the last 15 years.  Several years, the "General Fund" raided the funds in the "Reforestation of Timberlands" program to meet budget shortfalls......so, in the eyes of the government......a tax is a tax is a tax.  We will take your money and use it as we want.

Wudman  
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!