iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sliding down the road

Started by thecfarm, December 25, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

The first part is 1 mile to the border and that same mile back, then there is 3 miles each way up to the upper farm, but I slid mostly on the road kick sled style. Now that I think about it, it is more like 10 miles because I went above my place quite a ways. ;D This was over a 3 day time period.

When this next rain passes and it all freezes up, it's time for a slide. Wish I had my sail woven for the ice boat. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

justallan1

Great video, SwampDonkey.
Do you ride on the front of that sled or stand on the back, like the sled dog sleds and carry a load?

Allan

SwampDonkey

I stand on behind where I can kick on level ground. I have not put steering peddles on this one, but it's not much of a job. I just steer for now with a boot and weight shift.  ;D I have a heavier one with steering and peddles. It a prototype. I intended to make a much lighter one with the works, but never got around to it. Kinda shifted gears to other things. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

justallan1

Thank you. It looks like a lot of fun.
I'd like to see this ice boat with a sail, now that sounds like fun.

Allan

SwampDonkey

There's a few ice boat groups around, just Google it or search on youtube. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!