iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh, the possibilities!

Started by Brad_S., December 04, 2006, 08:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

Dear Santa,
Could I please have one of these for Christmas?
http://www.carvewright.com/index.html
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Mooseherder

Brad,  Too bad they are out of Stock right now.  :D

oakiemac

What a neat machine! I'm asking Santa for one also. :)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Texas Ranger

Sweet, yes, but not yet.  The machine is imported from China by a company here in Houston, Texas.  I have a use for such a machine, and visited with the company.  They are good folks to do business with, but the machine itself left me wondering.  They told me at the time that they had to put in about one day per machine after importing to put it into salable shape.  We then tested it on some wood I had brought with me.  White pine and oak.  There are two types of cutting that can be used, one a basic router bit, and the other a "raster" bit, or a very thin cutting bit that you might find in a dremel type tool.  The router bit did an excellent job in both woods, the raster bit left a fuzzy cut that had to have extensive work to complete the job. 

When asked about the fuzzy, one guy said no problem, he polished it down while sitting in front of the tv on evenings.

they then told me, when asked, that approximately one third of all pieces sold had been returned for rework under the warrentry.

I passed.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Brad_S.

That's the great thing about this forum, someone somewhere knows something about anything you post on here. 8)
After I made the post, I began to wonder if I shouldn't have as I was using the forum for free advertising for this product of which I know nothing about, but I thought it was so interesting that I knew others would probably like it too. I also began considering products I could use the machine for (egg and dart moulding, for example) and really started considering it. Thank you for the review to both ease my conscience about referring fellow FF members to an untested product and for putting a dose of reality into my schemes. :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Fla._Deadheader

I've been wanting to do the carving thing for quite some time.

My problem (?) is, how does a really dumb person learn the software to make the drawings necessary to feed into the computer that runs the machine ??

I have tried to learn 4 different programs, and, never get anywhere. Each program states how easy it is to learn ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

leweee

Harold......next time in the book store. :P see if they have a copy of "CNC for Dummies" :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Fla._Deadheader

Book Stores ??? ???  In Espanol---maybe ???   ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Texas Ranger

The carve right machine program works very well, it's the machine I had problems with.  The program used a library of patterns that was quite extensive, you could also scan in patterns.  The only problem with a scan is, the machine reads the density of black as a depth indicator, so ya got to have some sort of method of correcting the shadings.

I though the machine interesting and really what I wanted, but the problems on a developmental machine turned me off.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!