iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New truck

Started by thedeeredude, October 20, 2007, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

8)Got a new truck on wednesday.  A 2006 Chevy Colorado, cheap Dutchman special.  Roll up windows, manual locks, bare bones.  Specs are 4 cyl., stick shift move_it, 4x4.  Now I gotta find some logging or forestry related decals.  Hint hint Jeff, maybe we can get some forestry forum back window sticker decals.  And front license plates ;D  Ill try and get pics then.

sawguy21

I didn't know you could get 4x4 with the four holer. Was the steering wheel optional at extra cost?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Warbird

Quote from: sawguy21 on October 20, 2007, 10:56:55 PM
I didn't know you could get 4x4 with the four holer. Was the steering wheel optional at extra cost?

:D :D

I like the Forestry Forum and/or logging sticker decal idea!  Congrats on the new truck.

Left Coast Chris

Dude,   just curious........... what was the posted miles per gallon rating for city and highway and what is your towing capacity?
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

thedeeredude

The old rating is 18/23 the new rating is 16/21.  Dont know the difference, but thats what the Epa says.  I think the towing capacity is around 2000 pounds.  Not a lot, but I dont have a sawmill and dont haul logs or anything.  I haul lumber and firewood occasionally so it works for me.
Quote from: sawguy21 on October 20, 2007, 10:56:55 PM
smiley_roller   :D  I know I know, I used to have a chevy with a 350.  Those were the days.

logwalker

I just sold my '89 Chev Sierra with a 350 and a 5 speed. It had tall gears. I think about 3.54's. My mileage was about 15/18. This was a lite duty 3/4 ton. Is the Colorado a full size pickup? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

thedeeredude

No the colorado's a mid size.  I had a 350 5 speed, a 1991.   :'(

rebocardo

> Specs are 4 cyl., stick shift , 4x4.

Ford makes it just about impossible to get a Ranger with the 2.3L 4 cyl and 4x4. Congrats on the winning combo.

thedeeredude

Im not brand loyal, it was a nice truck and I liked it so I got it.  I used to be diehard Ford, told my dad Id rather walk than ride in a Chevy :D   I like rangers too but they really need to do some updates on them.

Thank You Sponsors!