Sponsors:

my new old truck.

Started by lynde37avery, October 06, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

got a photo of my new wood and all purpose hauling truck. 1985 gmc dually c3500
Detroit WHAT?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This truck will come in handy for a lot of things. Good find Lynde! Good pic.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

lynde37avery

so far I love it. 2x4 so I wont drive it in winter. I did some work on it so far. transmission work. 4spd standard so it was a cheap fix. tires soe body work. the rack body needed boards to fill in the gaps. so far so good I been hauling away. moved firewood  so far and some apple pomice from the cider mill I work at part time.
Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

Nice looking truck. I use to haul wood from this place to my house. About 15-20 minutes.I use to just throw the wood in. I had 4 inches between the boards, That worked real well. I used 2 2X2 with about an 1½ inch space between them and used about 4 1 inch red oak boards for a tailgate. 2 boards were joined together to use for ramps to load my lawn mower onto the truck. Chain across the top to keep it from separating.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lynde37avery

I was thinking of the same thing of making some ramps that double as a tailgate. I have to move my rider mower often. it has a spare tire thing under the dump body too. I was so surprised. really clean for 1985. 50,000 on the crate 350 gas. 100k on the truck. so its got some repairs ahead of it. but I be fixin em as they come.
Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

I use to haul the mower to this place. My truck body was high,like yours. I dug into a side hill just a little and was just about level with the ground. That worked out well. I had to make a ramp at my house,but it worked well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Farmerjw

Very nice truck.  Once you have had a hoist, you will hate yourself if you find yourself without one.  Handy as a pocket on a shirt!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

sawguy21

Great find, especially with the hoist.  8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lynde37avery

thanks :) I been hauling lots of wood. even made a trip to the dump with recyclables and trash. im fixin to get some accessories for it. i.e cooler mud flaps and floor mats. I am missing one "sierra 3500" badge on drivers side. just installed the horse blanket seat cover git r done!
Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!