iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PNW Travels....Again

Started by Magicman, July 09, 2019, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Oh yes, I know where Wayne is.  Matter of fact, I have left some tire prints there.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on July 12, 2019, 08:53:03 PM
Oh yes, I know where Wayne is.  Matter of fact, I have left some tire prints there.  ;D
So have we.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Bruno of NH

Mr Lynn
May I ask why your not using your larger camper on this trip ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

This is much handier traveling this many miles plus the ferry fares are $34 per foot in length.

Hurricane Barry changed our plans today.  Instead of driving through it Monday, and since we were loaded, and Church got cancelled, we are on our way and are in Mineola TX.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Lynn, 

I just looked at your return trip again, you do realize that you will have to stop at Wall Drug in South Dakota and get your cup of water and photo with the dinosaur right?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

gspren

Happy Birthday Magic, and safe travels.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Texas Ranger

Happy Birthday, Magic, and safe  travels
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Thank's guys for the traveling and birthday wishes.  Yes we will make a return visit to Wall Drugs and also to the Corn Palace in Mitchell.

We just finished our Birthday steak at the Big Texan and have stopped for the night.  Leaving 1½ days early will allow us more time before the first ferry on the 22nd.

Magicman

Kemmerling, CO tonight.  Not much signal.

Magicman

43° this morning, big change from 98° yesterday!  Soon be in Utah.

goose63

Lynn on your way back are you going through Sioux Falls S.D. ? if so let us know we can drive down there and buy you a late Birth Day supper
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bandmill Bandit

Hey MM
The road trip you and your wife are taking is long and sometimes winding one but it is indeed a beautiful trip. I am not sure when you will meander through this area BUT just so you know my wife and will be in Terrace BC on AAug1 and returning on the 7th. 

If we happen to be in the Terrace area at the same time we could connect there. I think you have my number but if not PM me and I will send it to you.

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

GAB

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on July 16, 2019, 03:02:19 PM
Hey MM
The road trip you and your wife are taking is long and sometimes winding one but it is indeed a beautiful trip. I am not sure when you will meander through this area BUT just so you know my wife and will be in Terrace BC on AAug1 and returning on the 7th.

If we happen to be in the Terrace area at the same time we could connect there. I think you have my number but if not PM me and I will send it to you.

I'd like to see a picture of MM, Bandmill Bandit, & Percy.
That would be a picture of wisdom and experience.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: GAB on July 16, 2019, 03:16:45 PM
Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on July 16, 2019, 03:02:19 PM
Hey MM

I'd like to see a picture of MM, Bandmill Bandit, & Percy.
That would be a picture of wisdom and experience.
Gerald
It is my plan to visit Percy while I am there. My son and family are now getting settled in their new home in the area and he has found some land he wants Dad and Mom to "look" at.
30 ish acres of good quality mature trees with a cabin and some decent out buildings. I have my doubts BUT the little lady seems to have found a different hymn book since the grand son moved away. The tunes she is humming are a bit different the last 2 weeks. "There must be something in the water!" Think I've heard that song somewhere.  
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Magicman

I am reading all and will respond when I get laptop signal.  

We are in North Ogden Utah for tonight.  If I lived in Utah I would sell my Sawmill and buy a rock grinder. 

100° today from 43° this morning.

samandothers

Quote from: Magicman on July 16, 2019, 09:42:00 PM

We are in North Ogden Utah for tonight.  If I lived in Utah I would sell my Sawmill and buy a rock grinder.

Then you and @thecfarm could then discuss rocks in more detail!  

thecfarm

Trouble is if I dug all the rocks out of my place,it would look like a bowl.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Would not have to dig them here.  They are already on top.  We are somewhere in Idaho.

Southside

At least Utah was a dry heat.  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

rubberfish

Wow. You're making some pretty good time there.
At this rate you'll be passing my neck of the woods tomorrow.
The weather will be perfect for a boat ride. Maybe even see an Orca or two.
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

Magicman

I am going to take credit for planting Old Glory on top of Mt. Rainier.

Bandmill Bandit

Lynn you should moved her over a bit to the left. You didn't quite get right up on top of the summit.

Southside

Send some of that white stuff down this way will ya?
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

DPatton

Lynn your gonna pass within about 35 miles from our place on your return trip. Problem is The Missouri River is still flooded at highway 2 at exit 10 off of interstate 29 is still closed since May. Looks like you are having a great trip. Thanks for taking us all along.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!