iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Daily Firewood Picture Thread

Started by mike_belben, May 09, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 14, 2021, 07:47:50 AM.Look out though, one day there comes a day of redemption and it won't be from the Lord, but a higher power. :D
LOL
google changing the youtube pay tiers will be just like hell for a lot of people. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on October 14, 2021, 02:47:47 PM
LOL.
google changing the youtube pay tiers will be just like hell for a lot of people.
They've already did that to a lot of youtubers. They'll probably squeeze a little more if they thought they could make'm work even harder for their pay. Sounds like the pulp industry to me. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 14, 2021, 03:39:11 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on October 14, 2021, 02:47:47 PM
LOL.
They've already did that to a lot of youtubers. They'll probably squeeze a little more if they thought they could make'm work even harder for their pay. Sounds like the pulp industry to me. :D
Sounds like life in almost every aspect, people/entity's trying to parasite off you
A1

thriceor

Just a bit of cutting.  As we only go through a cord or so a year (pleasure purposes, not heat), this will be for a year or two from now.  A mix of maple, ash and osage, mostly.  Now to the splitter...

...I'd rather trust a man who works with his hands,
He looks at you once, you know he understands...

Genesis- "The Chamber of 32 Doors"

Nebraska

Been whittling away at this project a while. Wish it was done two months ago. 13 1/2 totes full, a good pile to fill the face cord racks.  This is the set up, lift the big rounds with the skid steer, green ash and hackberry mostly with a little dead elm, oak and a silver maple mixed in.  Use the tractor  to scoop up the cut offs to be split.

mike_belben

jeez doc you wood burners better hurry up and plant some trees before you run out! 
Praise The Lord

stavebuyer

Worked up a little EAB decimated Ash on a nice fall day. The young poplar was growing between the forks of the Ash. It will go to the shavings mill.

A little extra handling to block it in the woods but the dead Ash is light and the saw appreciates clean wood.

SwampDonkey

Mine's all 100% blocked and split near trails to be picked up. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JDowns71

Had a Doug Fir to close the the barn for comfort taken down.  Should season well and ready to split up next year.

HemlockKing

Plenty of wood! Burn these brush piles soon and finally have a field
A1

bulldozerjoe

New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

bulldozerjoe

New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

mike_belben

Hang on tight, he'll be taller than that pile before it seasons!
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

The wood pile grows each day. :D

There's 4-1/2 cord in the basement and 6 cords under the porch including that pile not framed in. The pile not framed was cut early summer and not covered so a little moldy on the ends, I'm going to burn that first because the other wood isn't moldy and will keep. The other wood is seasoned a full year to and will ignite like cedar. I never use kindling, just newsprint. Plus, over 3 cord in the loose heap. The heap is next year's wood. But I'll never burn that other 10-1/2 cords unless it is an 18 month winter. Never know. I'll probably add another 3 or 4 cord. Once I get going on firewood, no stopping 'til snow. :D I fell, buck and split on site. Love cut'n firewood. 8)

thecfarm

Nice looking wood there swampdonkey.
No pictures of my wood.  My FIL says I can't burn what I burn.  ::) As I tell him, go in the house and prove me wrong.  :D
I filled up the OWB last night with some "wood" Was around 45°, but was only half full this morning. Which was no surprise. Some well seasoned wood,  :D about 6-8 inches across that was on the ground. Can't really go over something that size with the tractor. I use to just push it out of the way. But after pushing it 3-4 times out of the "way" that gets old.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

SD,looks like you'll be plenty warm this winter. Like you, I love to cut firewood too. That is why I decided to sell it.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on October 27, 2021, 06:47:54 AM
 My FIL says I can't burn what I burn.  ::)
No sense is wasting wood. ;) Today I cut down a 40 foot tall alder clump and cut a bunch of firewood sticks off the buts. ;D I knew an old Hungarian immigrant who used to burn a lot of alders in the stove. 8)
I punched a trail into another corner to thin some more ground for firewood and have added to my post pile for the garden fencing and trail corduroy work. I don't waste noth'n . Makes no sense to go out of the way to cut posts, when I'm making all kinds off trail cut'n. These are black spruce and will hold up quite awhile since the posts are only seasonal and removed every fall.  :)

GRANITEstateMP

We put all the oversized and ugly logs the processor doesn't want to eat into there own pile.  Cut a bunch of 22in rounds many oversized. We got caught up on customer orders, so it was time to quarter them for easier handling to final size. Some will need to be resplit, others not, but 0 backs were sore after the skid steer and BlueDiamond did the heavy lifting

theses are the uglys.

small pile of leftovers from last time

forgot to take pics of the during process...I was a bit busy

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

cutterboy

I cut an ash down a few days ago...finished it up this morning.

I'll be out after hickory this afternoon.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

mike_belben

youre one hard workin ol man there cutter.  God bless ya, puttin generations to shame. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

I've HAND split exactly 1 Ash, but BOY, that thing split beautifully, and easier than the Red Oak that I commonly encounter. I "almost" wish that I could come to where you guys are that are lucky enough to have that wood for firewood. And I didn't use a maul, just a 4lb axe. But compared to anything else (for me), it's a dream come true to split 👍
Trying harder everyday.

jimbarry

Cut a 15 yr old birch tree down at the house the other day. Took all of 15 mins to convert it into splits.

A little before and after.

HemlockKing

That balsams growing up pretty good in front of your house Jim, looks like I could use a little thinning ! 
A1

SwampDonkey

I'll have quite bunch of split firewood hauled in by the end of the week. I'm sure that loose pile will be double. 8)

jimbarry

Quote from: HemlockKing on November 04, 2021, 04:29:22 AM
That balsams growing up pretty good in front of your house Jim, looks like I could use a little thinning !
Balsam cut out 2 winters ago. Just hardwood standing now.

Thank You Sponsors!