iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flooring machinery

Started by jim king, October 19, 2008, 11:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Can anyone head me in the direction of an American made flooring molder, end matcher etc.
in the lobo price range  ??

beenthere

Have you looked at Sponsor Baker products?

I'm not sure I correctly translate the 'lobo' price range expectation.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kelvin

I think Baker's machine is an import.  I think most american made 4 or 5 sided moulders are pretty expensive.  Woodmizer is selling one pretty cheap, so it must be an import, but you could check out and see.  maybe you could find an import w/ american parts like the motors?  Good luck, i'm looking for the day i can afford american, but wait, why not buy a old american moulder?  they're mostly all american and you will save a ton of money, that you can use to upgrade, repair, maintain?  THere are tons of these as american manufacturing is dying.  Just look at IRS auctions (not the govt agency)
KP

ADAMINMO

Most moulders you will find that are new are more than likely imports. I have yet to find a new american made moulder. Woodmizer I think import theirs from China(I could be wrong) We at Baker import ours from Taiwan. Not much difference to look at one versus the other. Most parts are interchangeable from one to the other as they are all mostly reproductions of high end moulders such a weineg. I have ran the Baker moulder and watched the Woodmizer moulder and could see no comparable difference in the end product or the performance of the machine.
Adam

trim4u2nv

Yates american and diehl and haskew are the only major american players still in business left in this field.  You can pick up an YA matcher pretty cheap.  The flooring business is pretty cutthroat these days.   You can pick up some 575v-600v canadian equipment pretty cheap these days if you can find the right transformers. 

Ron Wenrich

What kind of volume are you planning on pushing?  Some of the smaller moulders might not fit your operation.  There are lots of cheaper used ones. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!