iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I caught a big fish

Started by customsawyer, November 08, 2004, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

These are my two big fishies

this should have been in with the mod's but here is where I added a roller and it really helps the back

this is the logs that I got out of those two big red oaks

here is another pic of logs with customer sitting on them with my sawmill ann and the 7610 NH tractor with loader

there has to be a better way than this please advise

here is my first pics hope they turn out the way I ment them to.
I cut up all but two of these logs today didn't leave any time for pictures will finish up in the morning, will take some then.
I quarter sawed most of these logs 5/4 by 6,8,and 10s customer said he is going to sell some of it so if you guys are interested I can put you in touch with him.
Had a really great day sawing all this beuatiful lumber today.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ARKANSAWYER

It is not real hard to catch big fish it is the skinning that gets tuff.  Good luck and post a photo of some big wide boards.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

beenthere

Good pics, and appears you fixed them up (or one of these quick moderators did that for you  :) )
Thanks for posting them.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customsawyer

Jeff B
If I didn't know better I would think that you were laughing at me. Really had my mouse squealing trying post these pictures might have to change the oil in that little guy in the morning :D :D :D :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Captain

Jeez, Jake.  You should have brought those to the expo.

Captain

UNCLEBUCK

great pics customsawyer , huge logs . thanks ! :o
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

rvrdivr

That must be one big fishin pole you have :D :D

Nice logs. How are you q-sawing those? Are you using any type of guide?

Thanks

customsawyer

Here is some photos of the lumber that I cut from the two cherry bark red oaks
isn't this enough to make our mouth water

this is my mill miss ann doing what she does best, making sawdust.

here is ann with all that she wants. I was all the way up at 36" max and still cut about 4" off the top of this log what a mill full. Don't she look good though. 8)

Had another great day on the mill.
Hey Arky hope this is what you were looking for. ;D

www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

Yea captain I ment to bring them with me to the expo but I left them in my other pants pocket. :D :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ARKANSAWYER

Yea! that's what I am talking about!!  Make Miss Ann grunt on them big sticks.
  I split my big ones with a little black powder. :>)
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

customsawyer

rvrdivr
I had to cut them down to size some with the chain saw and others I was able to let miss ann work over. Then just quarter saw in the same old way. Hope this answers yer question
www.thecustomsawyer.com

road_monkey

mmmmmm....  nice logs, looks like a fun afternoon on the way. nice tractor too. my clutch does kinda push more down than forward as you describe, but at the ripe old age of 33, it does'nt bother my knee yet.(and thats a BIG yet). how many hp. is the new holland??

customsawyer

My NH is 85 hp at the pto the clutch will start to work on you sooner than you think I'm only 36. :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

And ain't you glad I helped hook you up with that saw job.  That rail-side cutting did pay off for you.   ;)  What some rays!

(I just wish those two trees had been mine.   :'(

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!