iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fairly new saw guy looking @ 562xp

Started by NewHuskyUser, August 23, 2020, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewHuskyUser

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker.  I have some experience but I'm certainly not a pro.  My current saw collection consists of (3) 455 ranchers, 450 rancher, echo cs400 and a Chinese 372xp.  Afleet command videos have been very helpful.  I've been buying junk Saws and repairing them and want something next level.  Currently I'm at a price point of $635 for a 562xp powerhead only plus tax and with a nudge I'm ready to pull the trigger (pun intended).  I was considering a 572xp but don't cut big timber.  I'm trying to convince myself that the new 562xp with the cooling/hot start issues sorted out is for me.  Is a 2020 562xp powerhead a solid performer like the 572xp?

Thanks guys

Jason

NewHuskyUser

Sold a 455 rancher and my brand new 562xp is on it's way!  

sawguy21

What are you cutting and how big? Falling and bucking or milling?

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

NewHuskyUser

Falling and bucking mainly oak trees (24" bar max.. mostly 20").  I have no intentions of running a mill.  

Jason

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: NewHuskyUser on August 24, 2020, 09:36:59 PMI have no intentions of running a mill.  

Jason
Yeah, neither did I.  ;D :D :)
 But here I am, halfway down the rabbit hole and I can't see daylight anymore. I think there are 'one or two' others folks went the same route. Pray for us. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawguy21

It will serve you well with a 20" bar, for bigger stuff work from both sides. If you need to bury a 24" bar you want a bigger saw.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HolmenTree

My 2012 562XP owner manual rates that saw up to 28" b/c
I've run a 24" on it with a 3/8" chisel chain. Handled it good.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Spike60

Jason; I see I'm a little late to reply but guys stuck between the 562 and 572 are also candidates for the 565. Don't be too concerned about the lack of an XP in the model number. Unlike the 555 which is very close to the 562 in price the 565 slots nicely between the 562 and 572. "Mostly 20 inch" I'd maybe want the extra CC of the 565, which BTW is the same displacement as the 572. Lotta guys think it's 65cc but that's not the case.

562 hot start issues are greatly inproved with new coils and carbs, but the saw has not received a complete redesign like the 550's did. The 545/550 along with the 565/572 have some significant improvements in heat management and air filter sealing that I wish we'd see on the 555/562. There may be some "enhancements" but a complete re-do is apparently not in the cards.

One of the problems with the 562 is that it does put out a lot of power. Yes, it pulls a 24" bar rather nicely, but the result is often a 60cc saw living in a 70cc world. Won't be a problem for you, but in a commercial environment, it's not the greatest idea.

And be careful of that fleetcommand guy; not too sure he knows what he's talking about. LOL!!!
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

old guy

I find my 2018 562 does very well with a 24'' & 3/8 skip chain.

NewHuskyUser

I am going to try full chisel on a tsumura light weight 20" and I'm going to buy a 24" versacut .058 and try the C85 husky chain.... skip chain is on I'm wish list

dquest

Quote from: Spike60 on August 25, 2020, 05:58:33 AM
Jason; I see I'm a little late to reply but guys stuck between the 562 and 572 are also candidates for the 565. Don't be too concerned about the lack of an XP in the model number. Unlike the 555 which is very close to the 562 in price the 565 slots nicely between the 562 and 572. "Mostly 20 inch" I'd maybe want the extra CC of the 565, which BTW is the same displacement as the 572. Lotta guys think it's 65cc but that's not the case.

562 hot start issues are greatly inproved with new coils and carbs, but the saw has not received a complete redesign like the 550's did. The 545/550 along with the 565/572 have some significant improvements in heat management and air filter sealing that I wish we'd see on the 555/562. There may be some "enhancements" but a complete re-do is apparently not in the cards.

One of the problems with the 562 is that it does put out a lot of power. Yes, it pulls a 24" bar rather nicely, but the result is often a 60cc saw living in a 70cc world. Won't be a problem for you, but in a commercial environment, it's not the greatest idea.

And be careful of that fleetcommand guy; not too sure he knows what he's talking about. LOL!!!
I just went through a nightmare time with the 562 xp. Basically returned it after it wouldn't start in the heat. Was in the shop for months after a carb replacement as well. They swapped out the 562 xp for the 565 ( detuned 572xp) and it's awesome. I have it with a 20 " bar and zero issues. The dealership swapped it out for no cost.
I would go to the 565 and ignore the 562xp.
Husqvarna 565
Stihl MS250
Kubota L3400
Chev 2500 HD /Load Trail/4 Star

Spike60

Glad you are enjoying that 565 dquest. It's one of those sleepers in the Husky line that gets ignored cause it doesn't have an XP label on it.

Funny thing is that since my above post from Aug 25, I've learned that those "enhancements" I mentioned for the 555/562 are supposed to be arriving soon. Should be on the next bunch of saws I have on backorder when they finally get here. There will be a new air filter and filter holder. The most important update IMO. The filter sealing should be on par with the 550M2 and the 565/572. And there will be another filter choice with a micron rating to address the fine, sticky ash dust that we are seeing around here.

Not sure if there is also a top cover change with the heat barrier to address the heat management deal or not. I'm literally checking every day for a service bulletin or IPL update to find out exactly what was changed. The good news is that whatever has been changed is supposed to retrofit to the earlier saws. That'll allow me to update any saws I have in stock; if I have any left by time the new ones show up. Again, not yet knowing the details, I'm not sure what that will cost. But my plan is to tell my guys that if they cover my cost on the parts, I'll cover the labor and update their saws. Gotta keep 'em happy. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

I have a new 562 sitting in a box waiting for me at home, it arrived after we left for vacation. I'll get to meet it in a few days😊 I hope mine has the updated parts, if not I'll get them when they're available I guess.
Too many irons in the fire

Spike60

It probably won't have them, but the service bulletin has been released. 

The changes begin with saws built from week 26 of this year. (2020 2600 073)

Kits won't be available until Nov. Filters already are as they are the same filters that are on the 550M2.  :)  So, it's really just a matter of getting the filter holders in. (also Nov)

Looks this all will fit under the 562 top cover, but low top saws like the 555 and 560 will need a new top cover. Guess all saws in the family will have the same set up going forward.  

Have no idea which filters will come with the kits, so it might be simpler to order just the holder and your filter of choice. Retail on the holder is supposed to be $20. 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

dquest

@Spike60 , thanks for the reply. The saw is Great. I have a video of it cutting some 20" elm after 2 tanks but can't figure out how to put it up w/o a channel of some sort.  I am glad to hear that the 562xsp is getting a fix, it was a great saw when it worked . It just didn't like to be shut off and the new carb fixed nothing.

The x85 chain is also worth the upgrade. It is very nice indeed.
Husqvarna 565
Stihl MS250
Kubota L3400
Chev 2500 HD /Load Trail/4 Star

barbender

Dquest, you can just post videos on YouTube and link to them here.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!