iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer Deck Boards

Started by TimW, May 22, 2019, 04:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Well @Old Greenhorn  I see this in addition to your equipment.  " I mill for fun and my mental health. "
1 out of 2 isn't bad, at least you are having fun.    :D :D :D
I think you could put all your equipment on that table and it would stand up!!!  Best regards!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on May 27, 2019, 09:10:44 AM1 out of 2 isn't bad, at least you are having fun.

Hey! I just said 'mental health", I didn't say "Good Mental health". AT any rate, my mental health is much better now than it has been in the past. Leaving the fire service and EMS helped. The mill helps too.

"I think you could put all your equipment on that table and it would stand up!!!"

I could never put all my equipment on that table, but yes, it should hold up.

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

Amen brother!!!!! usflag
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TimW

Quote from: scsmith42 on May 26, 2019, 12:41:06 AM
Most flat sawn oak will shrink 1/16" per inch of thickness, and 1/8" per inch of width.
These shrinkage measurements were what I was wondering about. smiley_clapping  Thank you so much. usflag
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

sandman2234

Quote from: ellmoe on May 22, 2019, 06:06:33 AM
We sell a lot of deck boards , all green . What is very important , especially in hot , sunny weather , is to put some type of protective coating on the top of the deck . Fresh cut 2" oak , directly in the sun , will have severe checking , resulting in a lot of penetration for rain, and excellent places for future fungus growth.
I may need to come see you about a trailer that needs some boards!
  David from jax

ellmoe

Jax. is my "home town", well as much of one as a Navy brat can have. You're welcome to come down anytime , we do cut all decking to order. It seems every trailer is different.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!