iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Malwarebytes update

Started by Jim_Rogers, November 23, 2020, 02:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday, my premium version of Malwarebytes, said it had a new update. I downloaded and installed it as I was hoping to keep my machine clean and safe.
Today, Malwarebytes says it is blocking my access to the forestryforum.com as it is a risk due to the fact that it is phising site.
To get in, just now, I had to add the forestryforum to an exclusions list, so that it won't block me any more.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

PoginyHill

I had the same issue and did the same as you did. Not a cyber expert by any means, but I think it had something to do with FF certificate it looks for. Malwarebytes didn't like something about it - might just be out of date?
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Jim_Rogers

Good to know it wasn't just me.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Raider Bill

Happened to me last week.
I did the same.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tule peak timber

Did someone mention fish ? 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

ESFted

Same here.  Said something about the certificate being too long.  Sent it to Jeff.  Added exclusion.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Jeff

The recent malwarebytes update has a glitch causing websites with a certain type of security certificate to show false positives. If you have a concern, check the results with a google safe browsing test.
Google Transparency Report
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30