iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Folding Bucksaw

Started by Otis1, November 14, 2021, 05:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otis1

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to make a folding bucksaw for canoe camping. I could bring a regular bow saw, but the exposed blade presents problems with dry bags. I built the first one with some white pine I had laying around, mostly because I was bored and needed a project. Then I decided to make a nice one with some black walnut scraps from my countertop. Blade folds into the handles so it's protected.

I included a couple pictures of the countertop for fun. This was my first time using epoxy and I think it came out pretty good. The countertop was sanded down to about 1500 grit before I finished it. Finish on the walnut saw and countertop is Odie's Oil. First time I used this product, but it has held up well on the countertop for a couple years now.

SwampDonkey

Nice little saw.....cool counter top to. smiley_thumbsup

I've never came across that type of buck saw. I've always had an iron handle one, it's hanging in the barn.........err someplace. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

samandothers

Very creative, both the saw and counter top!  I'd be proud to use both! 

Thank You Sponsors!