iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill shed wiring

Started by D6c, May 09, 2022, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D6c

I've been working on a project to rewire, and add wiring to my machine shed.  Started with trenching in lines to do away with the last overhead line on the farm.  It runs right across the barnyard and we've been ducking that line with equipment since I can remember..
Upgraded the main service panel and almost completely rewired the inside of the building to something closer to code.  Added a sub-panel next to the sawmill to power the sawdust blower, some outlets, and lights.  Put the magnetic starter for the blower next to the mill since the blower's about 40' away.  Also trenched in a line to the solar kiln for the fans and an outlet.

The only think left is to splice in the underground cable and remove the old power pole as soon as the weather settles down.  (Windy and 90° for about the next four days.) Can't wait to see how the blower works.

d

esteadle

Ah. Upgrades! Nice work. You should be very happy and proud of these nice improvements. Getting that overhead line out of the way also makes your operation more reliable in the face of severe weather. It all looks great!

sawguy21

Nice clean work, it looks to be properly done. Shoddy electrical work scares me, I tore out a partition in a residential garage and found scorched connections. Still amazed the place didn't burn down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

D6c

.....now if I can get all the other junk cleared out of the sawmill area I'd be getting somewhere.  I need another machine shed but that's not happening anytime soon.

metalspinner

You will be ducking that overhead line for years to come. 😆

I drew a rough map with measurements for all my underground wiring and trenches (water, sewer, power).  Then put it in the service panel. That will help the next guy many years from now know what's going on. 
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Crossroads

Looks good, as your work always does 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

D6c

Quote from: sawguy21 on May 09, 2022, 08:21:03 PM
Nice clean work, it looks to be properly done. Shoddy electrical work scares me, I tore out a partition in a residential garage and found scorched connections. Still amazed the place didn't burn down.
Scares me too.... when I had a new basement put under my house I found the back porch light was wired in ahead of the main fuse box.  Completely unfused.

Thank You Sponsors!