iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Iron

Started by Tim L, July 11, 2006, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim L

I went to a Ford Model A gathering Sunday, hoping for inspiration to work on my 1929 pickup. Does anybody else have projects in storage ?
Do the best you can and don't look back

Fla._Deadheader

I got so many projects in Storage, that the door is jammed and I can't get in  ::) ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Deadwood

I kind of got a Model A Ford project going. My grandfather made a home-made skidder (what we call a jitterbug here in Maine). The motor went quite awhile ago and I have been meaning to put another motor in it and get the small beast going again, but you know how that goes. Since I already have a tractor and winch, this jitterbug thing is not high-priority.

Other than that I still got myaircraft carrier to rebuild (18 inch jointer) and was just given a 8 inch Rockwell/ Delta tablesaw to restore. My woodworking shop is filled with mostly rebuilt old woodworking machines so I have plenty to do and seems as if I am getting a reputation of being the no kill shelter of woodworking machines.  ???

Tim L

In my neck of the woods we call them Doodlebugs . We have pulls on the third Sunday of the month all summer . Nothing newer than 1942 . A lot of model A ' s there .

Don_Papenburg

Lets see ,  a 33 pontiac out back  a roadster in the basement  a Diamond T pick up in the garage one in the shed and another Diamond T cab farward alongside the shed  . Then there are a few tractors to restore.  Only one vehicle ? Deadwood You need to get a few more
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

isawlogs

I got the 52 cheve two ton thats on the back burner , the 59 oliver 550 tractor is going to be next to get a full restoration . I am still hoping to find a 78 trans am like the one I had for a few weeks back then  ::) But this one is on the wish list for the moment .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tim L

Well , I've got the 59 Willys jeep 1/2 cab, a 85 suburban ,76 ford stepside, 83 chevy van, Huber ASPHALT ROLLER and a 1929 model A closed cab pickup so if I get all those done I guess I'll be about 108 years old !

ScottAR

'68 ford F100 is first for fixin... '76 Bronco is second, then the 99 powerstroke needs an extra turbo.  I might get a 90's mustang to turbo if I live long enough....   
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

KGNC

A '53 Studebaker truck that needs a good body man.
I can't get my body work to look as good as I think it should, and it is hard to find anyone that will work on a restoration.

Raphael

'38 Chevy 1.5 ton with a hydraulic flatbed.
'50 Dodge B2 series P/U with the pilot house cab.
'86 Chevy S10 long bed P/U, I'll be scrapping this one if I get the right tractor otherwise converting into a timber hauler.
'99 Dodge Dakota long bed, I want to convert to diesel
'00 VW Beetle TDI... needs a grease car kit or prewarming for the diesel.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

iain

Quote from: Tim L on July 11, 2006, 07:54:42 PM
I went to a Ford Model A gathering Sunday, hoping for inspiration to work on my 1929 pickup. Does anybody else have projects in storage ?

My house ::)

iain

Furby

THAT'S one I can relate to! :D

Lenny_M

Two 32 Ford Model BB`s.  Trying to make one from the two.
A 52 ford 8N that needs a bit of TLC
71 4500 Ford that needs Tourque conveter seal.
57 John Deere 320 thats nice, could use a power take-off and fresh paint.

Just scraped a 60 Willeys Ulity Wagon, 
                                                          Lenny

Thank You Sponsors!