iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crab Bisque

Started by fstedy, March 06, 2009, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

Here a real treat if you like rich creamy soup. Just made a batch this evening it was great and I thought some of you might enjoy it.

1/2 cup each diced celery and onion
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs all purpose flour
1 Tbs,. Old Bay or Creole seafood seasoning
2 Tbs. parsley
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 qt. chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 qt. Lt. cream
1 pound crabmeat ( I prefer the claw or lump )
1/4 cup cream sherry wine
3 to 4 Tbs cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup of water

Melt butter and sweat celery and onion until translucent then add flour and cook for several minutes more.
Add stock, cream and seasonings then bring to a slow boil. Slowly add cornstarch until you have the thickness you like. I prefer it on the thick side like a pancake batter or slightly thinner. Fold in crabmeat and add sherry and enjoy. Makes up in about 30 minutes. It tastes better if you let the flavors develop for several hours. I usually can't wait and have a bowl with some crusty bread and butter right when its done.

Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Tom

Man!  That sounds good.  Gael makes a "soup" like that and the only thing that stops me from finishing the pot is that it is so rich that my stomach fills up and my heart stops.  I have a real problem with good food, my mouth always wants more than my stomach can store.  :D

oldsaw

I printed that one off...wow, my stomach is rumbling already. 

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

pappy19

Yep, I'm adding that one to my next soup meal. Thanks for posting it.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!