few pics from firewood production last summer

Started by rvolek, January 07, 2014, 09:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvolek

74 Timberjack 230D
JD 450 Dozer
Husky 570, 372

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CCC4

Do ya mark off a log or two off them or just cut them as firewood? Nice double usage of your skidder.

rvolek

Thanks!
Its all firewood. Mark the log at 16 inch sections and just cut them up from each end. Makes quick work with family helping.
I dont have a way to haul saw logs..........yet. Would like to aquire a trailer someday to haul to a mill.
74 Timberjack 230D
JD 450 Dozer
Husky 570, 372

Piston

I actually thought this picture was one of those radio controlled skidders to scale, you know like a toy  :D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Woodboogah

Are those re purposed forks or a bobcat or something of the like?   They look removable.  Great idea
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

rvolek

Those forks were homemade. Custom to fit that skidder. Guy I bought it off of a few years back made them. They needed reworked at bit with some welding but now good to go. Sure makes moving logs around a heck of alot easier!
74 Timberjack 230D
JD 450 Dozer
Husky 570, 372

Thank You Sponsors!