iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: Walnut Beast on July 16, 2022, 07:19:02 PM
Guys that run mulchers on these and Tigers say it is one bad combo.  

I want that but with a fixed harvester head 🤤🤤

Riwaka

Tigercat has done the 570 head in a fixed version.
Story - cutting near roads and power lines.  
Fixed 570 Harvesting Head | Between the Branches | Tigercat

Tigercat 822 (feller buncher boom) - fixed 570 head  (27.5 inch max cut)

Tigercat 822D w Tigercat 570 Fixed Head - YouTube

Riwaka

Riwaka

Tigercat C640H Clambunk skidder, working near Rocky Ford, Eastern Georgia.

C640H Clambunk Skidder - YouTube

Riwaka

Tigercat 875E log loader. (Log Truck probably wants two extra trailers to help hasten payments)

Tigercat 875E Logger in British Columbia - YouTube

customsawyer

Sure seems like small dia. wood.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Riwaka

Euro Spec Tigercat (TCI) 612 skidder with the palfinger crane and dual winches.

Clohse group FB
Update Your Browser | Facebook

Riwaka

Tigercat 724G with 5702  disc head. Davisboro, Georgia
Duals front and back.

Tigercat 724G Wheel Feller Buncher - YouTube

customsawyer

Yup that is about 40 minutes from my place.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Riwaka

Tigercat LH822D "Blade runner'

Not sure the blade/ dirt technique on the slope/ terrain 'would fly' with the environmental officials in many places.

🌲4K| TCI LH822D • Canadianloggers • LoggingExtrem • Slopework • HarvesterAction • J.Clohse • Drone🌲 - YouTube

Riwaka

Tigercat 612 - dual winch, allegedly for selective cuts.

New Niche Skidder - Tigercat

teakwood

That's a nice machine, finally the euro skidders are coming to the US market. Still a big machine at 18750kg / 41340lbs but only 2.85cm/ 9ft4" wide, which is a great width for thinnings

here is the link to the specs

612 Skidder | Forestry and Logging Machines | Tigercat
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

barbender

Yep, it's nice to see a Euro style machine here. It is a big girl, though.
Too many irons in the fire

mudfarmer

and it has center oscillation like we were talking about in the other thread!

I guess you would have to use it as a high grading machine to afford it, since it comes with "climate controlled cupholders" and a bunch of wifi/gps stuff built-in?

Step in the right direction, now make it smaller and bare bones ;D

barbender

Yes I'd like it more bare bones, to. But I'll say this- the times I did a lot of hand falling and bucking when running forwarder, it sure was nice to jump in that air conditioned cab and get to cool off while I picked up what I had just cut👍

ehp

A machine setup like the picture shoukd be very close to $500,000  in Canada once tax is added in so that is very closely and I know would not work in my area cause not enough real good timber to pay for it .  In most cases with that crane part added on the price would be more than that . A new 620 was $403,000  here late last fall and thst was with no tax or sent to uour job site

ehp

I'm not sure if many of us could swing those kind of payments other than Barge and Barbender cause both are very rich unlike me cause I know I'm forsure not rich. Just going thru the drive thru at McDonald's and wondering if I can afford to Super size my fries is my limit

barbender

Putting me in the same category as Barge, you've got me all wrong ehp😂

Whenever I'm able to score a piece of equipment, it is because of what one banker referred to as "financial maneuvering", and not a wealth of resources 😂😂

As slick as it would be, I honestly don't know how one would ever afford a skidder like that. I'd think you'd have to be in nice timber and have 3 hand cutters. Most places you'd have to be putting 50 cords plus a day on the landing, I would think. 

Personally, if I was handcutting (for the type of wood we have around here) I'd want a decent forwarder, and a cable skidder. I have the cable skidder, and if I was loaded like Barge I'd have the forwarder already, too😁

ehp

Barbender , you and Barge are such modest people  trying to never really show your wealth . Just like Barge you both have tons of machines and newer one coming every week and your right . I'm jealous plain and simple 

beenthere

And we know ehp is equally as wealthy (and modest).   :snowball:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

barbender

With the price of chainsaws these days, ehp usually has more than my net worth riding around in the back of his truck😁

teakwood

Good one barbender  :D :D :D
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

barbender

ehp

Boy your ideas just do not add up to real life  ;D, that new skidder is pretty big in size and would be hard to drive around in the bush here , our trees are just to close together and I'm sure just like my buddy that has a 648 with 24.5 by 32 tires on it set the narrow way it spends lots of time upside down skidding , very unstable on its feet 

BargeMonkey

No Rockstar here, just trading my soul for shiny objects, slavery hasn't went away, it's all colors now. My GF's full time again as an assistant manager at TSC, we get a 15% discount, that's the level of cheap I am 😆. They basically went thru and fired the ENTIRE store. Told my employer to leave me on 1 boat, 6on 2 off, escape from this place "Shawshank style". 
Ed they aren't bad but yeah it's tippy, I've seen this one 4 wheels in the air. I've gotta have a "small" skidder, 648 is a razorblade compared to my 460-620, only reason it's coming back. 

Thank You Sponsors!