iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

today

Started by snowstorm, October 26, 2013, 07:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

this am woodhauler calls saying i should go and see these guy yarding wood down the road. its a discontinued town road. and i own land there. so i go there. its grandpa son and grandson cutting pine. there are not cutting my wood. they have about an acre of ruff pine. so rather than make there yard right there they think lets drag it 1500' down the road instead of 50'. they took it well and asked for anymore advice i could give them. i told him i didnt see an intent to harvest permit anywhere. his answer i dont need one do i? yes so i gave him one i had. the grandpa starts telling storys about when he was a kid. and the day he was walking home from school and saw an 8 point buck with his horns stuck in a wire fence. he says i took my belt and wraped it around the deers neck. then lead him home. sometimes he draged me to one side of the road sometimes i dragged him to the other. when he got him home he yelled for dad. dad says you done well boy.......bang..........and we had dinner

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

That's a whopper! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Hilltop366

It reminds me of a story my dad told me.
My great grandfather was a rail line foreman, storey goes he found a young buck stuck in a page wire fence so he tried to set it free, the buck didn't seem to appreciate the offer and got it's front hooves into his clothes and tore them to shreds, he had to go home and change to continue work.

Thats my great grandfather on the left sitting down, picture taken in South Ohio Nova Scotia about 5 miles from where I live now.

timberlinetree

Gotta love the story's u hear right from the horses mouth :D.way better than the tv.thanks for sharing.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Autocar

I suppose I would be in the dog house all the time alot of different rules when it comes to harvesting timber in your state.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!