iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is kinda woodworking....

Started by Burlkraft, February 06, 2007, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I've been workin' on a small addition to the shop  for the cyclone dust collector. The temps. have been keepin' me away from that lately, but there was a heat wave today...It got up ta -1*...so I figgered I better take advantage of that.. ;D ;D

I put the ridge cap on the roof.... ;D ;D ;D

Now I gotta build a door and I can cut a hole through the udder side... ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

LeeB

Shouldn't the tail pipe on your stove extend above the roof line?. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Burlkraft

It will as soon as I get anudder piece... ;D ;D ;D

LeeB

OK, just askin for safety sake. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Larry

Hope ya made it big nuff to fit a noisy air compressor in there.  Looks most cool to me.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

metalspinner

Are you going to be able to recycle the air you pull from the shop and put into the new shed?  It would be a shame to lose any heat way up there in the white north. fire_smiley
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Burlkraft

There's gonna be a 24 X 24 vent to recycle the air...and yes that noisy DanG air compressor is goin' out there too.... ;D ;D

That DanG exhaust pipe came straight out the back before. I was at Menard's estimating how much I needed ta get over the top...Of course I had forgot ta measure it...of course I was only 3' short.... :D :D

beenthere

Good progress fer dis cold weather and holdin nails in yer mouth to nail with gloves on, and such.........

It's goin above the 0° F mark today and the sun is out.........s'pose you are out painting in this heat wave?

If'n you be around Friday afternoon, may stop to see your progress on my way back from the Portage Library for a Woodland Owners planning meeting.....just to listen to what they have in mind on this affair in Sept. that holds their idea of portable sawmill demo's.   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

I'll be home sometime around 12:30 so just stop on in....... ;D ;D ;D

SwampDonkey

Yeah, he'll be home keep'n warm. ;D

Nice progress on the out house, cool that your gonna heat'r. ;D  8)

With regard to the stove pipe, any good carp.  does everything twice. Oh sorry, that's measure twice, cut once. :D :D  ;)

Well the cold isn't enough, so some of us are good at tormenting.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

SD I'd feel left out if ya weren't tormentin'.... :D :D :D

Come ta think of it...It would make a DanG nice outhouse.... ;D ;D ;D

Furby

low_48

Furby, my thoughts exactly. :D :D :D

Burlkraft, I sure would be tempted to add a painted  half moon on that door. ;) I wonder about putting the air compressor out there. If the oil in the compressor gets that cold if will be really hard on the machinery. If it will run at all. Maybe if you add some heavy insulation and a couple of 150 watt bulbs it will keep it warm enough.

Don't fergit the Sears catylog when you add that door.

Burlkraft

Aahhh Low-48....Oiless compressor...That's why it's so DanG noisy   >:(  >:(

The shed will be a comfortable 68*  like the shop. The dust collector at 1800 cfm will exchange the air nicely.  ;D ;D ;D

She's insulated top to bottom.....I really should get a door built...I like the ideeer of the half moon though...Maybe I can get Beenthere's carver ta carve me one.... ;D ;D ;D

TexasTimbers

On noisy compressors, I have a big 80 gallon 7.5 HP shop compressor that is scads quieter than my 30 gal I have in the tool trailer I drag to jobsites. The mobile compressor is a 3250RPM and the big shop compressor has a 1725RPM motor on it. Costs more but well worth it. The lower RPM motor is much, much quieter. I can have a conversation with someone standing right next to it while it is running. You can't whisper but you don't have to yell either.
Just a tip I learned when I was shopping for a big compressor. Spend the extra dough and get the low rpm motor.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!