iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look'in out my back door

Started by Nebraska, September 30, 2019, 10:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

<br
I am truly blessed. Even when I'm not sure which end is up..... :)

Nebraska

<br

It was as close to perfect this evening outdoors as I will get on this side of heaven.

doc henderson

pic at Gabe's house to show they got the lumber stickered.  He is former Airforce, as is his wife.  A charge nurse in the ED.  He and his son John came and we milled 3 elm logs.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

A good day spent by all. Was nice here to, but more cloudy, still lots of sun shining.  Got all the garden rows covered in floating fabric and the main garden fenced in early this morning, including a run to the woodlot to make 8 more posts, and was home for Breakfast at 8:00 am. :)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

Actually, this is more like looking in my back door. For several years this old doe has bedded down in this spot about 125 yards behind my house. It is in a deep draw with a spring in the bank that we have tapped into to water the livestock. I dragged a locust log across the draw several years ago as a dam and it has built up into a small flat plateau this deer likes to lay on. It is cool and deep shade and water right there if she wanted it. I am sure she has a fawn nearby but I did not see it. I took this picture from an ATV trail about 40 yards above her. She never even got up when I stopped and took her picture. 

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Today I spotted this turkey hen about 10 yards behind my backyard fence. She has a sibling or friend about 50 yards further up the hill out of the picture. It had rained and they were turning over bark from my sawing and firewood to get the worms on the surface.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

The 4 baby bluebirds have already this raised in and left this box a few weeks ago or the mom and dad would be sending this young lady packing!

I stepped out on the front porch to let Sampson inside and spotted this young doe about 40 yards away on the hillside in my pasture. She was munching happily on an assortment of weeds I probably should have already weedeaten down.

I think this is the same doe my wife saw out the bathroom window yesterday with her fawn following her. In this picture she seems to have the fawn safely parked back at the nursery somewhere. She raised her head, looked behind her and trotted off. A few seconds latter, Trigger, our big palomino horse walked down this same trail she is standing in.

Sights like this are a daily occurrence here in rural WV.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

I was scoping out the back/bathroom window this afternoon and watched this hawk swoop in and light in this tree. I think it is a Cooper's hawk as they are common here and come down to catch chipmunks and squirrels. There are blackheart cherries with ripe fruit all around him and the squirrels are feasting on them.

If you look above the left side of the gate and slightly to the right and up you can see the hawk in the distance. I am not sure if the bluebirds are raising a clutch in that box this year. They did last year. There is a female bluebird sitting on the cable line at the very left edge of the picture but the trees are obscuring the view of her. My wife saw them going in and out of the box 2 days ago.  I was hoping to show the bluebird and the hawk in the same shot. My wife watched our resident doe with her fawn under the big grape vine in the walnut on the right side of the picture.
Howard Green

thecfarm

I've had hawks land on the bluebird house a few times.  >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Nebraska

Just some hay pictures 

Makes me feel good to have it down. It's even better when the bales are done and off of the field.. :)

Old Greenhorn

Man I swear I can smell that field! :D :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Dakota

View from the cabin deck.

Dave Rinker

Nebraska

Southside

Not mine, but I get to enjoy it for a while.  

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

I think I can see you from here, Jim. :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Texas Ranger

Game camera picking up deer in the back yard in the wee hours, wife's plants taking a beating, but, one of the country things.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Nebraska

Ahhh Kansas.   ;)  Wheat harvest and 4th of July. Went hand in hand 80 miles to the North of there. :)

Wlmedley

Why I can't keep birdseed in my feeders 

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

For those who think Kansas is flat, the pictures don't do it justice. Significant pucker factor working these hills. I bet that's 75-100' to the bottom, had around 21,000 lbs of wheat in the bin each time it's full and the bottom of the bin is over 6' in the air. Makes a grapple skidder feel like a toy. 

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

nice!  where were you and do you have pics of the equipment?  

Walnut Beast

Southside

Between Hill City and Colby, little town called Penokee. Here is the combine I have been running. 

Crossed over a Badger hole today, next pass by I saw a not so happy Badger cleaning out the dirt I had knocked into his den. I left him your card Doc.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Not much wheat around here.
Thanks for the pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!