iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buy Out

Started by Skip, December 22, 2020, 02:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claybraker

Quote from: gspren on December 27, 2020, 08:59:48 AM
Quote from: Onthesauk on December 26, 2020, 08:28:46 PM
 More fancy clothes and gifty stuff then fishing or hunting gear.
That sounds like what happened to LL Bean
And Orvis. Fly fishing stuff is best in small independent shops. Bonus if they have a dog in the store to act as the official greeter.

btulloh

We have some good independent shops here that I favor over both Bass Pro and Cabelas (which are basically the same now) but I used to buy some of Cabelas branded clothing which I really liked.  Gone now after the buy out.  The Cabelas is closer to me and easier to get to than BP, but other than that not much different.  Just seemed like a better world before BP bought Cabelas, but it is what it is.

Fortunately, there are two big independent shops that are really good and both have knowledgeable staff for both fishing and hunting gear.  Biggest problem is it's easy to buy more gear than I really need.  Just another disease, like sawdust addiction I guess.
HM126

SawyerTed

Quote from: btulloh on December 29, 2020, 07:39:39 AM
 Biggest problem is it's easy to buy more gear than I really need.  Just another disease, like sawdust addiction I guess.
I resemble this comment too much. 
My previous boat was a Walkaround cabin boat.  Among other stuff I removed 18 fishing rod and reel combos from the cabin when I cleaned it out.  This summer for a month I fished almost every day with tackle I had on hand without purchasing anything but a little bait.
For some reason I have thought if I need one, I can use two and I need a couple for backup.  Doesn't matter what it is if it's fishing related I probably have more than I need.  
I remind Emily at least I don't golf!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Skip

ANY place with a dog as a greeter is tops in my book . ;D :) My new cardiologist has 2.  I'm only 5 min. from Cabelas but use the local shops as much as I can, they have more of a selection of ammo now . Not that I need any . ::)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: btulloh on December 29, 2020, 07:39:39 AM
We have some good independent shops here that I favor over both Bass Pro and Cabelas
Around here BassPros is an over 3 hr drive, definitely don't go there, more cost effective to get online if they are your go to place. Where that BassPro is, I don't think I have been to that town more than 6 times in over 50 years. I am more inclined to shop in small local shops. I have to drive past a major shopping centre half way there. I'm actually surprised at the location of that store, it makes sense as that town is a regional distribution hub, but not the fishing and hunting hub. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tmarch

Over the years I've went to Cabelas and Bass Pro many times, never bought much, but would go to the archery department and shop just to see what the clerk would know.  I shot a lot and had more experience than most.  It was entertaining to watch to say the least, so generally before I left I'd a question to the clerk that would get him to backtracking or trying to tell me why it worked better his way ::).
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

mike_belben

I wonder how long before cabelas/bass pro, walmart etc are getting "too big to fail" bailouts. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!