iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going door to door and administering the vaccine

Started by bannerd, July 14, 2021, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannerd

How do you all feel about this?  I think this is wrong on so many levels, whats next 2nd amendment assault? 

Southside

Not sure how this won't become a political thread and get moved but will leave this here for now. 

As a strong Constitutionalist I disagree with the practice. Actually just had this discussion with my wife yesterday in regards to dealing with my father and his refusal of medical treatment at times. She wanted to know if we could force him. I explained to her that he has a right to refuse medical treatment, although there may be personal consequences as a result of that right and it's not a path we can turn down to change due to the slippery slope it becomes and this door to door is an example of where that path can lead. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

HemlockKing

That's something I'd expect to hear about in Canada,  but even here I don't think that would work out. Sounds on par with something China would do. 
A1

Claybraker

Going door to door and offering to facilitate access to the vaccine sounds fine, similar to the way mobile blood drives are organized to reach a segment of the population that's willing to donate, just not sure how or when.

21incher

Its definitely  not fine. Especially when pushing  a vaccine that is not FDA approved with possible  long term side effects. Yesterday  they were in talks with cellphone providers to read all texts  looking  for people  sharing side effects and talk about the vaccine. Social media is also removing posts about side effects now. Seems like they are hiding  something just like a communist  country. We can no longer  trust  the people in charge of this vaccine after reading recent news. I definitely  will not get a booster if it's  not FDA approved now. Send people  door to door to pass out voter I'd is what should be happening.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

goose63

If thy come here I will let Nancy deal with them and that ain't gonna be a good day for them  :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

doc henderson

I agree with the above.  If they want to help, post a number to call IF you want someone to come to your house to give you the vaccine.  great for people with difficulties with mobility.  what a waste to try and convince people, not to mention knocking on doors of already vaccinated people.  where will they find qualified people to give the vaccine, and then have them go door to door.  are they going to stay and watch for the 15 minute after shot time.  if they have a reaction (very unlikely) I guess they call an ambulance.  what if the pt. refuses to go to the hospital.  Will they give a reward/cash to the door to door people.  might get unscrupulous, like magazine sales.  just make it easy for the ones that want it, answer questions for the ones that have them.  do not waste your time trying to convince and coerce people who have already made up their mind.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

alan gage

I don't pay much attention to the news but the to the best of my knowledge what's being considered is going door to door to provide information rather than giving the actual vaccine.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Southside

In North Carolina yesterday they were giving the vaccine right there as well, news reports on it. 

This has been in the works for a while. The Federal government doesn't get an idea and a week later boots are on the ground in multiple states, coordinating with local health departments complete with forms, training, etc. 

What's next in the playbook?
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

If you don't agree just say so and close the door. Here the anti vaxers are picketing the centres and some are getting quite abusive. The news reported one had to endure a rascist, expletive filled rant about going back to India where he belonged.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

this has become so political and emotional.  that is why i do not wish anyone to show up on a door peddling the vaccine.  we had store employees punched for asking shoppers to where a mask as was required by the store (so they could stay open). 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Don P

Hopefully when there is the distance of time this period will be used as a teaching lesson on how not to behave in times of trouble.

As a practical matter this is a worldwide pandemic, the vaccination rates in Indonesia and Africa matter just as much as the rates in Arkansas.

I'm not much into thumping on the Bible or the Constitution, they are both heavy books full of nuance and people pull whatever tidbit out of both that seems to make their point. They are both based on a very simple premise though, it is my first check on my thoughts and actions. "Do not unto another man what you would not have done unto yourself". The rest is pretty much commentary. I would not hold you down and stick a needle in you. In that same thought, I also would not risk making you sick if I have the ability not to. Anything else in my own conscience would just be excuses for breaking that law. 

doc henderson

Paul_H

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 14, 2021, 05:32:18 PM
 Here the anti vaxers are picketing the centres and some are getting quite abusive. The news reported one had to endure a rascist, expletive filled rant about going back to India where he belonged.
I haven't heard of anything like that here Roy. I know people that have gotten there jab and not been hassled at all. It seems most mind their own business although I have personally heard some wishing death on the pro choice factions
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Southside

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 14, 2021, 05:32:18 PMThe news reported one had to endure a rascist, expletive filled rant about going back to India where he belonged.

Some groups will use any platform to incite and attack others, we saw a lot of that over the past year in the States.  There is zero place for such behavior, and even if the group was supporting my position on a matter I would have no issue standing up to them.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

@Paul_H it happened in Kelowna the other day, I saw the story on infotel. They even identified him and ran his picture, he is probably quite proud of himself.

aigheadish

I'll be completely frank to say that I'm one of those that will never get this vaccine. I have serious problems with the time frames of testing, the way it's being pushed, and whether the risks of the virus outweigh the risks of either catching it or getting the vax. 

That said, I don't really care if they come door-to-door, I'll just say no thanks. 

My perspective basically echoes @21incher above, except I'm at the point where it'll be very tough for me to trust these vaccines getting FDA approval. Give it 10, 15, 20 years of study and open records of those studies and maybe I'd consider it, but I've seen these attempts to scare and vax the whole population far too many times for me to buy it. 

I have no issues with either those that get vaxxed or not, it's none of my business. While I always hope that people won't judge me or dislike me based on these opinions I've been around on social media to know that's unlikely. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

doc henderson

@aigheadish it is fully your choice, and I respect your decision.  for what it is worth and for the record.

aigheadish

Thanks @doc henderson that means a lot. I've read a lot of your stuff here and that's nice to hear coming from you! 

I've got some admonishment from some folks in my family and it breaks my heart, but I guess that's the choice I'm making.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Claybraker

I got my jab when the County Health Department posted on Facebook they were taking appointments. Then I got notified almost daily via text msg my pharmacy was offering it, my PCP's office via email etc. Some folks don't have either of those things, especially regular wellness visits. Maybe calling it community outreach instead of door to door would be less inflammatory. The John Prine song Hello In There might best describe the target market .

I remember something I learned from my Dad. He was Secretary of a publicly traded corporation. The widow of one of the founders owned a substantial block of the stock, and he would call her every year to ask her if she would send in her proxy prior to the annual stockholders meeting. She just wanted to be asked nicely.

doctorb

I agree with much of the above.  It's a choice, no matter why you make it.  Going door to door was intended, IMO, to offer 2 things. 1). Information about the vaccines to those open to receive it, and 2) administer the vaccine to those who request it.  I see nothing wrong with that.  If you don't wish them to provide those services just politely say "no thank you."  You might put a sign on the door asking the vaccine outreach personnel to head elsewhere.

But I do think the issue of choice has been short-circuited by our politicized environment.  If you choose not to take the vaccine, that's fine.  But, without the vaccine, you should be diligent regarding your behavior around others to prevent catching and spreading the disease.  I'm fine with your personal decision to abstain from the vaccine, but, in doing so, you should consider the consequences of your decision on others.  It is this latter "follow-through" that I perceive may be ignored by those who choose to decline the vaccine.  Just because we are, in general, not using masks and gathering in larger indoor and outdoor groups does not mean that non-vaccinated persons should act like they have had the vaccine.  Choices have extenuating consequences.  
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

doc henderson

WDH

If you take the vaccine, you cannot hurt someone else if the immunity works.  If you do not take the vaccine, you can hurt others depending on your behavior as an individual.  In biological and evolutionary terms, what is good for the species can be better than what is good for the individual.  But, we humans are focused on ourselves more than on our species or even other life on earth. I guess sapience can begat self-ness.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Just watching the news tonight and they did a segment on how the Air Force is secretly transporting 1/2 million illegals on private planes to cities throughout the USA. At least 15% of them have covid or have been exposed to covid and should be isolated but they are dumping them in local communities without vaccines. If the government cared about covid this wouldn't be happening as it is a major spreader move. Could be they are doing this to keep the levels up. It is completely hidden from public but seems to be a way to keep covid levels up and cities locked down. It's all about money. Notice how the vaccine producers still have zero liability protection. Just real facts and my opinion after still having side effects. If the vaccine works and people are aware of the consequences no one should need to wear a mask.  Masks actually increase the levels of co2 in children wearing then in a short period of time according to a recent study leading to long term issues. We are no  longer using science to put an end to this pandemic..
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

I suspect somebody is using the media to spread conspiracy theories, that sounds like fake news to me. You have the right to refuse the vaccine but you assume the responsibility. You don't have the right to risk infecting me or others to protect your perception of individual rights, I have the right to expect reasonable protection from you. 

Thank You Sponsors!