iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Bit of R & R

Started by Magicman, September 12, 2021, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The place is Perdido Key, FL, and the cut list is nothing.

This inactivity is of no interest to me but to some it seems to be enjoyable.  That is my empty seat in the center  in the shade and after this picture was taken, I sat back down.  I get plenty of sun while sawing and I dislike sand.

But this was much better this morning.  We were fishing a structure with live shrimp when this Red Fish struck.  The keeper slot is 18" to 27" and this beauty was 25".  A much larger Red broke off but it would not have been a keeper anyway.  (too large) We also sweetened the pot with several Black Snappers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

That fish looks surprised to see you without your sawmill! :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Tacotodd

Quote from: Magicman on September 12, 2021, 05:03:54 PM

This inactivity is of no interest to me but to some it seems to be enjoyable.  That is my empty seat in the center  in the shade and after this picture was taken, I sat back down.  I get plenty of sun while sawing and I dislike sand.

But this was much better this morning.  We were fishing a structure with live shrimp when this Red Fish struck.  The keeper slot is 18" to 27" and this beauty was 25".  A much larger Red broke off but it would not have been a keeper anyway.  (too large) We also sweetened the pot with several Black Snappers.
I just LOVE that t-shirt  smiley_clapping
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

The cut jobs are piling up!!
I myself like the woods. I know what you mean. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tacotodd

I'd rather be in the woods! ;)
Trying harder everyday.

samandothers

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
And suffer through it. 

Tacotodd

Quote from: samandothers on September 12, 2021, 07:31:25 PM
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
And suffer through it.
Like going to the lake or ocean with my wife :-\
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

Everybody needs a bit of R & R now and then.  I'm gonna do a little fishin tomorrow myself.  I doubt I'll catch any redfish though.  Maybe a striped bass.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Runningalucas

Quote from: Tacotodd on September 12, 2021, 06:41:27 PM
Quote from: Magicman on September 12, 2021, 05:03:54 PM

This inactivity is of no interest to me but to some it seems to be enjoyable.  That is my empty seat in the center  in the shade and after this picture was taken, I sat back down.  I get plenty of sun while sawing and I dislike sand.

But this was much better this morning.  We were fishing a structure with live shrimp when this Red Fish struck.  The keeper slot is 18" to 27" and this beauty was 25".  A much larger Red broke off but it would not have been a keeper anyway.  (too large) We also sweetened the pot with several Black Snappers.
I just LOVE that t-shirt  smiley_clapping
Yup, was thinking the same thing; love that t-shirt!
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Glad you are enjoying my home county so much. My old home place is on the opposite end of the county less than 50 miles from you. Have a good time and keep those pictures coming. We're packing up for a trip to Denver CO tomorrow for a wedding and a week with my in-laws. I'm hoping to hear some elk bugling even though I'm not going hunting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Yes, the Elk are certainly bugling now.  Wish that I was there.  ;D

Here is a group picture of all of the family that is here together on a sorta vacation.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

how many times in a life can a family get together like that.  Good for you Lynn.  A beautiful family.  glad to see the Magic Men are not wearing red speedos!   :o :o :o.  they were the official outerwear when I was a life guard in the mid seventies.  and I looked good!   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

not sure if I would want Husky or Stihl printed on the back.  no comments on the bar length please! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

We rented a pontoon boat and motored over to..

The Naval Air Station where we watched the Blue Angels flex their wings.

Plus had a bit of relaxin' time before we...

Yup, we are at it again.

PatD's dish...

And what is left of mine after I remembered to take a picture.  ::)

Yesterday we had a wet drive home through the remainder of Hurricane Nicholas.  Actually crawl speed at times.  move_it whiteflag_smiley

So today there were clothes to wash and fish filets' to vacuum seal.

I have no idea whether the rain will hold off for any sawing next week.  If it does I will and if not, I won't.  

It is amazing how the phone is ringing several times each day with folks wanting sawing done, wanting to buy lumber or wanting to buy a sawmill.  I am avoiding/declining traveling jobs but a 118 mile repeat customer called yesterday with six Oaks in the 36" class to be sawn that probably went down with Hurricane Ida.  It sounds like a 2 day job.  :-X

doc henderson

one guy looks like your brother.  can you tell us who all went.  looks like a great vay kay.

Magicman

In that last picture is two grandsons on the left, our daughter (that suffered a stroke last year) and her husband (at the head of the table), our other daughter, PatD and myself. (Sadly I lost my only brother to cancer when he was 44 back in 1984.)

Not included here but in the large group picture was another grandson and his family on the left, and then a granddaughter (in the dress) and her family toward the right.

One other grandson plus none of Marty's family were with us on this trip.

Thank You Sponsors!