iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jupiter

Started by Don P, September 24, 2022, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

If you go outside this weekend, like right now, and look up SSE in Pisces. That brightest object is Jupiter. It is as close as its been in 59 years.

Southside

Anyone else look to the SSW about sunset and see the missile or rocket flying ENE?  Should have taken a video.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

beenthere

Watched a livestream of SpaceX launching 52 more Starlink satellites about that time, and the booster rocket went ENE up the coast to push them into low orbit. Then landed the re-usable booster on a barge out in the ocean. 

Must have been quite a sight to see live.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-satellite-launch-group-4-35
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

At first I thought it was a commercial jet and the sunset caused the contrail to reflect odd, sort of a swamp gas stuck in a weather balloon reflecting the light off of Venus kind of thing, but then I saw a couple of other jets in the sky and realized it wasn't that.  Eventually it just vanished into the sky, it was still going up at that time.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Hilltop366

I went outside and looked at the moon and stars last week and saw a extra bright star so I took a picture, after severely cropping it I got this. 

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Don P

From latin "planeta", wandering star. 
I remember someone telling me one root meant "traveler". They moved across the background stars.

doc henderson

we saw Pluto and Saturn last night by telescope
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

Back in the 70's when Jupiter was near, we looked at it with regular binoculars several nights in a row. We could notice that the biggest moons, which we could see, had traveled around the planet some from the night before. It was amazing.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

terry f

Took a few pics last night, one had the moons looking like reindeer 😊

doc henderson

Maybe they are....   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!