iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New drying

Started by serg, June 13, 2005, 10:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Each of you is able to do it itself! For one month drying chambers were entered into operation and the first samples of production of their alder and a pine which are shown in photos are made.

Simplicity, reliability, absence of a compulsory wind of the fan and system of humidifying enables the small and average enterprises to lower cost of drying of a wood to dry it(him) up to required furniture humidity of soft breeds. Firm only vacuum!  http://www.vacuums.ru/econom_3.html  ???Sergey

maple flats

Looks neat, but in doing a conversion from 42000 Euros to US Dollars= almost $52,000 without duties and freight. A little pricey for me at this point.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

serg

Hello! As to vacuum I already discussed. The price in America is a lot of questions which will be solved.
I want to tell about a simple dryer which works without vacuum, simply, reliably, economically. Quality of drying of a pine, an alder, a cedar of 6 % of a crack, and internal pressure(voltage) are absent. I have drawn a conclusion on that that vacuum universal drying, but it is better to use it(him) an oak, a hornbeam, an ash, a maple, the Canadian oak. This dryer works without a computer, the diagram of drying one. Having warmed up, 45 degrees, 55 degrees, an output(exit) of air, 75 degrees last stage.
55 millimeters the pine dries 7 days from humidity of 60 % up to 6 %. I have established the boiler on liquid fuel, the economy is better, is cheap from an electricity. Sergey.

GaS

50,000 doesn't sound like a lot for a vacuum kiln.  maybe compared to a woodmizer, but woodmizers are crippled by how pared down they are to meet a price point.

sounds like a lot for a DH kiln, or a DIY kiln, but not bad for a vacuum kiln (assuming utility).

serg

Hello, friends! I have found old diagram Kelera, Telena the book " The kiln drying of lumber " .Он writes that to 1920, in America operational humidity of an oak is equal 4.8 - 6.5 %, temperature a room 68 F humidity of air of 40 %.
2005 there are changes in equilibrium humidity? Sergey.

Den Socling

The 'equilibrium' moisture content (MC) varies in the US from 6% (30% relative humidity) to 11% (60% RH). 8% (40% RH) is average for most of the US.

serg

Thank Den. America and Russia similar.  8)I have drawn a conclusion that Russian studied at the American colleagues much. It was necessary to do(make) it for construction of planes and machines. When planes began to do(make) of metal then drying of a tree has passed in a mass shaft. Dried up to  :o23 % - 14 %. Quality bad, the furniture cracked. Now in Russia all goes on another as at you In America, quality of drying of joiner's workshops has left on new start. Sergey.

serg

Den how you look at my gaugings of humidity of wooden products from an oak during 2 years in Moscow?
January - 5.0 %
February - 4.8 %
March - 4.78 %
April - 5.2 %
May - 5.8 %
June - 6.2 %
July - 6.4 %
August - 6.6 %
September - 6.0 %
October - 5.8 %
November - 5.5 %
December - 5.0 %
Average size of 6.0 %
Shrinkage occurs at humidity of 4.7 % reception of a moisture summer up to 6.6 %.
In the winter there is a lot of marriage of especially expensive(dear) products from an oak, a beech, an ash! There are cracks, a white strip on facades, because humidity of a product 8 - 10 %.
I have solved this problem when I dry an oak thickness of 55 mm, up to humidity of 4 %, backlashes on an interroom door of 1000 mm, make on 4-6 mm from each party(side). A difference of 1.5 % - 2 % of humidity solve the problem qualities! You with it agree?
Sergey

rerednaw

Serg, it is condensation type of kiln (like EBAC)? I right ?

serg

Hello!
This drying chamber differs from mine.
1 On this fans 3.0 - 3.5 m/second (in mine movement of air 0.5 - 0.9 m/second is applied natural) are established
2. On this the computer is established (in mine is not present, has made an output(exit) pair speed it is equal to a gradient of movement of a moisture from middle to a surface of a board, pairs is not blown off from a surface, costs(stands) at a surface and slowly leaves in an atmosphere. It helps to remove(take off) internal pressure(voltage) of a board)
3. In this there is no such reception of drying warming up - a pause (in mine is, it promotes carry of a moisture from middle to colder cells(cages) to top of a board)
4. In a site the company does not write about quality of drying (in mine difference on thickness a board a pine of 25 mm 0.3 - 0.5 %, on length 0.2 - 07 %, on a stack of 1.2 % residual humidity 5.9 - 6.0 %) Sergey

jimF

Serg,
If Russians studies at American universities then you Russians jumped to the head of the class real quick.  Much of your research has surpassed the research that is performed here in US.
If in the translation the message got lost this is a compliment.

beenthere

JimF   What research "is performed" here in the US?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

serg

JimF, thank! I 3 years learn(teach) a history of Russian drying. All researches have begun in America Madison laboratory 8). It is the base on which Russian professors have grown.
I have put into practice the theory. The small shop, the big shop requires in qualitative dryings an oak up to furniture humidity, with small expenses. At us capitalism, each shop bears(carries) the penalty for bad production! Sergey.

Tom

Serg,
I enjoyed that post immensely.

In it I detected an approval and a practice of the business practices that we deem so important in this country.  There are volumes of enlightenment spoken in that post that are far above the obvious. :)

old3dogg

beenthere,
There isnt a whole lot of wood drying research in our country anymore. People here think that "you stick er out in that there sun and wind and it will dry."
We are years behind in "new" ways for drying wood.

serg

In this drying chamber the sun and a wind is not applied. Works on an electricity and the other fuel. In the chamber temperature of drying 45 from 24, the following 75 degrees. Warmly acts from a pipe with hot water, there is an evaporation of a moisture from boards, warm air passes a stack vertically, cold comes back in a stack, is again heated up. The part pair leaves in an atmosphere. If I have not correctly understood, I am sorry. Sergey.

Thank You Sponsors!