iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another FFer meeting

Started by DanG, March 14, 2003, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I had the pleasure of meeting another ForestryForum member, this afternoon.  Billbobtlh, and I had swapped emails and phone calls several times, and work about 3 blocks from each other, but had never met. We straightened that out after work, today. I went out to his place and checked out his firewood operation, met a couple of his buddies, his wife, and his dog that likes to roll in cow flop. :D  I liked them all, but the dog was a mess. He's a white German Shepherd, a really beautiful animal, but he had been practicing his favorite pasttime, and the cows had been enjoying the clover.......well, you get the picture. :-/
Billbob, we'll call him Bill for short, (since that's his name) is just overflowing with enthusiasm. He has a really nice place, with a veggie garden, a large vineyard, and lots of toys. His firewood processor is basically an overgrown log splitter with some bells and whistles. It sports a 4-way blade and a log loader similar to the ones on Woodmizers and such.
He offered me a couple of oak logs that are just too pretty for firewood, and I'll reciprocate with some that are just too ugly to saw. Sounds like a good arrangement, to me.
That made a great way to spend an evening, and promises to be a nice friendship. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

redpowerd

ugly for pretty, sounds like my last date
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Tom

Everytime I read his name I read it BillyBob :D

Glad you two were able to get together. That'll make for some interesting stories on down the road.

redpowerd

wish i could run into some'a you cats. bet you 'timers could teach us whippersnappers more than a thing or two :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Bro. Noble

DanG I just had an urge to respond to this post  :D

I've enjoyed meeting a couple of the forum family and hope to meet a lot more sometime.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

AHAAA. He must be the one that's taking all the good timber we couldn't find????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

I've been crawling around on the Web for several years, but Harold and Bill are the only two Net-buddies I've met face to face. It's fun!
I still think we need to hold a FF get-together, sometime this summer. I can just imagine the chatter that would erupt from this crowd, if we don't have to wait till a statement is complete before we respond.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Hey DanG. Didjer agent find me some land yet?? I'm still thinkin.
  Just read in the paper that 40% of Indian River County is in some form of "Preservation". Who do they think will support this area with all that land OUT of tax production?? NOW, they want to up the land-grab budget. "There is so much more we need to protect".??????  Is it only me that doesn't get it ?????
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Ain't heard a word from her, Harold. That's not the tree you want to be barking up, anyway. There's plenty of "fer sale by owner" type dirt around, and you don't have to pay no fees. We'll be keepin' our eyes peeled. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah, but, ya never know. Didja happen to get ahold of the feller with the store?? The one where we nearly drowned in the rain??
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Well, no, I ain't had a chance to get hold of nobody.  After you left Sunday, I got the forklift moved over to the shop, and scurried about doing some chores. Monday, after work, I visited with my parents, like I always do.  Toosdie, I winched the forklift out of the muck in front of the shop, and moved all those logs we left piled in the front yard, plus a few new arrivals. Blew a hydraulic hose on the last one.  Winnsdy, I removed the hoses, so I could have new ones made.  Thirsty, I put the new ones on, and moved the lift into the shop.  Frydie, I visited Billbobtlh. This weekend will be chronicled in a new thread, in a few minutes.   Whew!

Fla._Deadheader

No, no, I was referrin to yer SPARE time!!  :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

billbobtlh

Dan I am glad we could finally meet. Thanks for the kind words. Fridays tend to be a good time for a happyhour of sorts at the house. Plan on getting that wood when you get the trailer fixed.(spare time)  I am sure we can get some pine to top off your load when you come.

MrMoo

Had to tell my cat Hot Shot about the FFer meeting.

Hot Shot goes FF all the time. Yup Fully Flopped! Of course that needs to be followed by a BR...Belly Rub. Nothing like a BR.

He is quite interested in getting all FFers together  8)

Thank You Sponsors!