iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snowstorm

Started by farmerdoug, December 19, 2008, 12:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

We are pushing the 12 inch level of new snow here in our area.  It has been an all morning job keeping it off the greenhouses.  I know what I am going to be doing tomorrow.

How is the storm in other areas?  While we were out cleaning snow off the greenhouses we heard several rounds of thunder-thundersnow-we have. :o
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Patty

This  storm dumped about 12" on us last night and it is moving east......so look out! I woke up to see lightning flashing followed by thunder as the snow fell. It was so strange.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

I've shoveled us out twice so far today and the last time there was 2 inches on the ground again where I started.  Now its back to 6 inches on the drive again and its still coming.  We got 17 inches in the big storm week before last but not sure what we have here so far. It looks like its far from over. They are talking aboutthe wind kicking in this afternoon so it may get bad. We are supposed to go to Tammy's Busdriver Christmas Party this afternoon. If they weren't having all you can eat fish, I'd not want to even attempt it, but hey the Walleye are callin!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mike_van

It just started here an hour ago - And, I do hate it. The view out my back door is getting worse by the minute. 

I've been working on next years firewood & sawing some pine & spruce logs for a shed next year. All that works going to be that much tougher now, digging it all out. Half a day tomorrow probably wasted shoveling & plowing. Bah, humbug. >:(
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

roger 4400

Well I,m lucky..... 12 in. last week.....2 times 4 to 6 in. this week and 8 inches to come on sunday......and the clutch on my tractor started to slip.........last year over 13 feet of it ( deer hunting was really bad this year, many death due to snow)  and this year on the 29 of october just before the hunting season, 12 in. of snow ,150 red pines 5 to 7 in, dbh, were broken in two on my land and I had trouble getting to my hunting cabin with my  atv...some weather.   All of you take care.  Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

SwampDonkey

The storm is riding off the the south of here. Sunday is suppose to be some snow I guess. We only have 4" on the ground so far this year. Other parts in NB have over a foot I think, especially the SE around Moncton I'm told.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

no snow here yet, ;D almost 70 outside :o, but that will change sat nite. supposed to be 14 sun.morning.
you just have to love oklahoma.

farmerdoug

They closed all of the schools and most everything else around here today.  Sanilac County which is the county north of me is plowing state highways and primary roads only today and only until 6PM.  They will start again tomorrow at 6AM.  Our county has only sent a couple of trucks down our road today, our road is paved but secondary.  The snow has stopped here.  Good luck to the east, guys. :)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

thedeeredude

Sleet this morning then freezing rain then all rain, no accumulation.  Hopefully the wet roads and walks won't freeze overnight.

Tim L

predictions of 5-10" here ,we have about 6" right now and about 3 from the other day.
Do the best you can and don't look back

Onthesauk

30 inches as of last night and another storm predicted for Sunday.  Neighbor plowed my driveway today, able to get out and get mail and hit the grocery store just in case.  This next storm is suppose to have lots of wind.  Hate the thought of losing power when it's down in the teens.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Corley5

It was windy with snow and a high of 18 today.  Pretty nasty.  We lost a bit of snow last weekend but it's back to knee deep again.  Makes falling timber an even better workout  ::)  More snow coming for tomorrow night and the following 4 days  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

crtreedude

It has been a touch chilly year lately - so much so that I have wanted to put socks on with my sandals, but I am trying not to go so extreme yet.  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

WDH

Hey Guys,

I am commiserating with you.  It has to be tough to deal with all that much snow, especially having to move it out of the way.  I bet that gets old fast.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

crtreedude

Quote from: WDH on December 19, 2008, 11:23:54 PM
Hey Guys,

I am commiserating with you.  It has to be tough to deal with all that much snow, especially having to move it out of the way.  I bet that gets old fast.

I appreciate it, but really, putting on socks isn't all that bad...

(I better quit before the boss throws me in the Briar patch...  :D )
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

I think I can still putcha in a snow storm.

I shoveled another foot of the stuff again today. Another big one coming they say. I'm already to the point where I'm throwing it head high to get it over the banks. We can't see to back into the road any more.

Gary_C

We have been somewhat lucky here. The storm yesterday went south of us and we only got 3-4 inches. Now tomorrow there is another storm that will pass to the north of us and we should only get 5-7 inches. But then Sat night the wind is supposed to blow up to 30 MPH and all that snow around us will get blown in here.  ::)

And winter has yet to arrive.   :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Paul_H

Quote from: Onthesauk on December 19, 2008, 08:43:33 PM
30 inches as of last night and another storm predicted for Sunday. 

Wow,Onthesauk! I'm 3 hours North of you and we just have a inch or so of the white stuff.It's hovering just below 0 F and it's windy but they are calling for snow in our near future too.

I hope your power does't fail.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Dave Shepard

There was no snow at lunch time today, you could feel it, but there was only an inch on the ground. When I went back outside to put the tools in the truck at 4:30, we had 6", and by the time I went around the corner, picked up a Christmas tree and drove the six miles home, we had 8". I'll be on the tractor for awhile pushing in the morning. Fortunately, we didn't get any ice last week, like so many in the Northeast did, so it'll be easy pushing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

Sure wish we could get that kind of snow here in the Interior of Alaska.  Y'all stay safe and warm.

breederman

Id guess we got about 10 inches yesterday. I was so pooped after driving in it all day that I just drove on in the driveway,I like to move it first so it doesn't pack down but it will have to wait till tonight as I am out again now.
Together we got this !

Norm

Well the next one is not going to be so much snow as it is cold and windy. Winds in the 40mph range with a high of -5°F on Sunday.

I've got to get some firewood going as my original stash that would have lasted me through the winter won't as I'm heating my son's new woodburner too. His wife stays at home with their son and uses about 3 times what we do. Don't mind a bit though, gives me a chance to see my grandson watching out the window holding his toy tractor. :)

Jeff

There  was a roar just now outside and a white cloud blew past. County Snow plow. That means the end of the driveway is full again. :-\   

trapper

tractor broke down again but just got a plow on the atv.  Supprised me what it can do.  Snow and windy tomorrow.That is the worst combination for me.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Texas Ranger

mmph, ump, uh, what?  What snow? Back to my long winters nap. smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on December 20, 2008, 08:42:45 AM
There  was a roar just now outside and a white cloud blew past. County Snow plow. That means the end of the driveway is full again. :-\   

Yeah, I just wait until the buggers go bye. Only trouble, they will make 2 more passed before the end of the day and the mail box and mouth of both entrances is shoved full again.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CLL

Like wise in Missouri, not much snow, just  -10 with 25-35mph winds. I'm heading north on sunday, glutton for punishment you know.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Thank You Sponsors!