Built a roof over the back door

Started by Holmes, April 26, 2014, 08:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

Repairing rotted wood and tin roof

The start, the header is hung on a 7x7 beam in the house

Making progress

The most expensive part of the job was using pvc trim

All done except for the painting. Just over 100 hours to get to this point. The ceiling inside is covered with painted OSB . It may get bead board in the future 
Think like a farmer.

WmFritz

It looks like its always been there.
Nice job.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

slider

al glenn

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Gregg Huffman

Very nice!

I really like the design of your house too.

Holmes

It is big, it was a duplex when built in the 1840/50's.  The back end last 3 windows are part of the 15x24 kitchen
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

Very nice porch build/rebuild.   smiley_thumbsup  OSB is sorta bad about bleeding through.  I guess that it is the adhesives.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Autocar

Very nice looks like it was always on there.
Bill

drobertson

Quote from: Autocar on April 27, 2014, 07:24:01 AM
Very nice looks like it was always on there.
exact thoughts I was having, looks great!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jamesamd

Come in He said,I'll give Ya shelter,from the storm. ;)

Nice job Holmes ;D

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

kczbest

Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Holmes

Thank you for all the comments.  The building inspector thought it look good also. It was his grandmothers house when I bought it and had been in his family for over 100 years.  Saturday I rebuilt the little cellar window with the pvc trim scraps. This window frame will not rot out in 10 years like the last one
Think like a farmer.

WmFritz

I'll bet the inspector likes coming out to visit the house.
And what your doing to preserve it.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!