iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bears

Started by pep, April 11, 2015, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogone

A young woman killed by a black bear yesterday in Swan Hills , Alberta. She was a tree planter and they are pretty bear aware. Has been a death most years for several years. So much for the old story; they won't bother you if you leave them alone.

SwampDonkey

One of the fella's had his gas jug chewed overnight out on the thinning block. Made a hole in a corner, but had tipped the jug so it never poured out. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I was sitting with my back to the window mucking on the computer when I heard a noise, turned around to see a young black pawing at the glass! I am thinking it was a yearling newly separated from the sow. The landlady called the conservation office and was told to wait to see if it left, if not call them back. I felt sorry for it, if habituated it was a goner.  The heat fires and heavy smoke are making life awfully tough for wildlife. Food sources are  limited.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ron Scott

Bears at different camera locations 30 miles apart on the same date, August 1, and near same 9:00 pm hour and minute times.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Mid Day August Bear.

~Ron

ppine

I live in Nevada near Lake Tahoe.  We are down in a valley at 5,000 feet.  The Caldor and Tamarack Fires have displaced a lot of wildlife this year.  The drought makes it even worse.  We have black bears wandering around in neighborhoods surrounded by sagebrush and alfalfa fields.  Bears are everywhere.  They are desperate for food.  Try to work around them as best you can. 
Forester

Ron Scott

The fires have been very hard on wildlife. A number of bear and others have been treated for burns, especially burned feet.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Mid September Bear at 2:30pm. 9/18/2021. 

~Ron

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Ron Scott on September 15, 2021, 06:09:11 PM
The fires have been very hard on wildlife. A number of bear and others have been treated for burns, especially burned feet.
Very Sad for all wildlife. It's hard to believe with the technology and equipment that we can't take care of situations before they get out of control. But politics, rules and regulations that have made situations that could have been prevented or minimized. 

Ron Scott

Night Time Bear

~Ron

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Andries

That's one angry looking Teddy Bear; where's the shells for my 300 Savage?
;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Ron Scott

~Ron

IndiLina

Can't leave anything out at my cabin build site in SW Virginia without the bears tearing it up.

Tracts in So. Indiana, Nor. NC, SW Virginia

HemlockKing

Taken just a couple miles from me, I think he has visited me already 
A1

Ron Scott

Will be in the den soon!

~Ron

metalspinner

@IndiLina Thats going to be an interesting bear crap!  You might can hear him when the time comes. :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

HemlockKing

Quote from: IndiLina on October 09, 2021, 01:40:21 PM
Can't leave anything out at my cabin build site in SW Virginia without the bears tearing it up.

Reminds me I gotta bring in my bar oil from the woods or the bears chew it up like that.....don't worry canola oil lol
A1

Ron Scott

Bears are active in this area again.
~Ron

firefighter ontheside

Bears have been popping up around here numerous times in the last few years.  Sadly they all seem to end up dead, whether it be some idiot with a gun who has never seen a bear before so he kills it and loses hunting rights for life or whether it be because people who have never seen a bear before follow it around in their car until it ends up killed on a highway.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

Good to hear they are coming back.  I killed a legal doe in 1966 when I came back from the service, got written up in the locals for killing the first  legal deer in years in Franklin County,  Had also begun seeing turkey and pheasant.  Seems we Missorians had just about eaten the game animals out during and after the depression and were slow coming back.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

I had one on camera checking out a licking branch I had hung for my deer.  
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Yoder409

Poor, zoomed in cell phone pic.  But this one was a BIG boy.

[img width=650 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/65535/52125107524_fc712e4046_c.jpg[/img]
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Thank You Sponsors!